Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping
Object Mapping [message #725300] Wed, 14 September 2011 13:19 Go to next message
Derya  is currently offline Derya Friend
Hello,
There are buttons(Yes,no,Ok) in Label shown as follows:
index.php/fa/3958/0/

That seems ready to mapping:)greenline. But It cannot be mapped.

Derya
Re: Object Mapping [message #725314 is a reply to message #725300] Wed, 14 September 2011 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Can you provide a few more details?
- What kind of application (Swing, RCP) is it?
- Is it a standard component (which one?) or customized?
- Does the application block certain key combinations (you can try changing the key combination for object mapping)?
- Is the component perhaps already mapped (it will be highlighted in the object mapping editor if this is the case)?

If it is a custom component, then the likelihood is that you'll need an extension. A workaround would be to operate the buttons with keyboard shortcuts (Enter, Escape).

Regards,
Alex
Re: Object Mapping [message #725384 is a reply to message #725314] Wed, 14 September 2011 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mehmet Erol Yesin is currently offline Mehmet Erol YesinFriend
Derya,

Make sure that the program that you are testing is selected. I had the same issue then I figured out that I didn't select the frame that I'm testing.
Re: Object Mapping [message #725595 is a reply to message #725384] Thu, 15 September 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Derya  is currently offline Derya Friend
Hi,
Thank you for the quick response. It is a Swing application and a custom component.I will try add extensions.

And I have another problem. Buttons ,I have already mapped and tested ,cannot be mapped again in another Test suite. I must press Ctrl+Shift+Q many times.

Regards,
Derya
Re: Object Mapping [message #725596 is a reply to message #725595] Thu, 15 September 2011 10:08 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
The idea of the object mapping is that you only need to map something once. Then you can use the component name(s) mapped to the technical name at various places in your test and they all point to the same technical name.

If you're having to repeat mapping steps, then it sounds like you may be using two AUT definitions (i.e. different AUTs for your Test Suites) instead of two AUT configurations (the same AUT started in different ways e.g. on Windows and Linux). I'd recommend making sure that you're not doing things twice if you don't need to Smile

Regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Test Case copying
Next Topic:Image Hyperlinks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:30:18 GMT 2024