Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » auto build does not copy resource files to output folder after save (the subject says it all)
auto build does not copy resource files to output folder after save [message #724949] Tue, 13 September 2011 15:04
Gerd Aschemann is currently offline Gerd AschemannFriend
If I open a "normal" file (not .java, but for instance log4j.properties or persistence.xml) from an source folder (e.g., having src/tests/unit as source folder in the project build path) and save it, automatic build is started, but the file is not copied over to the output folder. It does not matter whether the associated output folder is a specific one or the "default" output folder.

However, colleagues of mine, having the same project checked out from SVN have no problems: If they change the files, they will almost immediately see a copy in the output folder.

If I do a project clean, the files are copied - but only once!

Yes, I have seen a lot of postings in Google search mentioning the filtering mechanisms of, e.g., Preferences->Java->Compiler->Building->OutputFolder->Filtered resources ... And I do not seem to have such filtering switched on.

Any ideas? Which plugins could perform such filtering? How could I investigate, retrieve or log such behaviour (e.g., "grep xxx ~/.workspace/Default/...")?

Thanks,
Gerd
Previous Topic:Getting Line number and offset from a IProblemLocation
Next Topic:Creating JPA Entities with @Inheritance JOINED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:11:02 GMT 2024