Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » B3 » How to proceed with validation errors in a b3aggr
How to proceed with validation errors in a b3aggr [message #724685] Mon, 12 September 2011 19:56 Go to next message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
Hi,
Thomas suggested that I try the B3 Aggregator.

So I copied the buckminster-indigo.b3aggr and started to modify it to include.
As I was getting errors on validation I wonder what's the best way to proceed.
Contribution : CDO: Missing requirement: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.dawn.tests 1.0.0.v20110607-1632 requires 'bundle org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core [2.0.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found

Should I try to add more repositories to provide the missing requirement?
Should I try to exclude the feature that has the missing requirement?
Can I ignore the errors and decide not to aggregate features that miss requirements?
And how would I go to do that in the most efficient way? I assume that if I fix one error another (or more) may show up and I have to fix them recursively until all are resolved. At least if I add a repository to fix the swtbot missing requirement I get another error (and it is not always easy to guess/know what the appropriate respository to provide the missing requirement is):
Contribution : CDO: Missing requirement: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.dawn.codegen.dawngenmodel.gmf 1.0.0.v20110607-1632 requires 'bundle org.eclipse.gmf.graphdef.codegen [2.0.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found	

I attached my modified buckminster-indigo.b3aggr file.
Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Re: How to proceed with validation errors in a b3aggr [message #724769 is a reply to message #724685] Tue, 13 September 2011 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-09-12 21:56, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Hi,
> Thomas http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/239338/723925/#msg_723925 that I try the B3 Aggregator.
>
> So I copied the http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.emft.b3/trunk/org.eclipse.b3.aggregator.samples/buckminster-indigo.b3aggr and started to modify it to include.
> As I was getting errors on validation I wonder what's the best way to proceed.
>
> Contribution : CDO: Missing requirement: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.dawn.tests 1.0.0.v20110607-1632 requires 'bundle org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core [2.0.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found
>
> Should I try to add more repositories to provide the missing requirement?

Perhaps, that depends on what you plan to do. Do you need this to be present in your repository? If not, you can add a
validation repository (used for validation but will not be included in the result) Do you need the CDO at all?

> Should I try to exclude the feature that has the missing requirement?

That's one option. Another is to just include the features that you know you will need.

> Can I ignore the errors and decide not to aggregate features that miss requirements?

No aggregation will be produced as long as there are errors.

> And how would I go to do that in the most efficient way? I assume that if I fix one error another (or more) may show up and I have to fix them recursively until all are resolved. At least if I add a repository to fix the swtbot missing requirement I get another error (and it is not always easy to guess/know what the appropriate respository to provide the missing requirement is):
>
I would start by deciding exactly what features to mirror.

- thomas
Re: How to proceed with validation errors in a b3aggr [message #724926 is a reply to message #724769] Tue, 13 September 2011 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Mon, 12 September 2011 23:14

On 2011-09-12 21:56, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Should I try to add more repositories to provide the missing requirement?

Perhaps, that depends on what you plan to do. Do you need this to be present in your repository? If not, you can add a
validation repository (used for validation but will not be included in the result) Do you need the CDO at all?

Some of it.

> Should I try to exclude the feature that has the missing requirement?

That's one option. Another is to just include the features that you know you will need.

That would IMHO pretty hard, as I would have to manually specify all it's dependencies, too.

> And how would I go to do that in the most efficient way? I assume that if I fix one error another (or more) may show up and I have to fix them recursively until all are resolved. At least if I add a repository to fix the swtbot missing requirement I get another error (and it is not always easy to guess/know what the appropriate respository to provide the missing requirement is):
>
I would start by deciding exactly what features to mirror.

As stated above that might prove quite hard to do manually.
Is there a way to use an existing buckminster cquery to create this information?

Re: How to proceed with validation errors in a b3aggr [message #724938 is a reply to message #724926] Tue, 13 September 2011 14:14 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-09-13 16:10, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Mon, 12 September 2011 23:14
>> On 2011-09-12 21:56, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
>> > Should I try to add more repositories to provide the missing requirement?
>>
>> Perhaps, that depends on what you plan to do. Do you need this to be present in your repository? If not, you can add a
>> validation repository (used for validation but will not be included in the result) Do you need the CDO at all?
>
>
> Some of it.
>
> Thomas Hallgren wrote on Mon, 12 September 2011 23:14
>> > Should I try to exclude the feature that has the missing requirement?
>>
>> That's one option. Another is to just include the features that you know you will need.
>
>
> That would IMHO pretty hard, as I would have to manually specify all it's dependencies, too.
>
No, that's not necessary. The aggregator uses the p2 planner to figure out exactly what it needs to mirror in order to
cover everything that's needed to install the features that you select.

- thomas
Previous Topic:CCE when running demo build
Next Topic:Is there a b3aggr file to mirror the indigo release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:30:35 GMT 2024