Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Icons not appearing(Icons not appearing in the in thw Welcome screen, Help etc)
Icons not appearing [message #724177] Sun, 11 September 2011 08:42 Go to next message
Demetrios is currently offline DemetriosFriend
Hi,

I hust installed Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers (Indigo) on a Windows 7 64b.
The icons on the Welcome screen, Tutorials, Help contents and other places do not appear. Instead the picture place holder appears, in some cases, like in help, with the text inside (Expand topics, book closed etc).
I tried both 32 and 64 flavours of Eclipse.

I tried the 32bit on a windows 7 32b, virtual machine and all look ok there. What is going on?

Please advise.
Re: Icons not appearing - RESOLVED [message #724572 is a reply to message #724177] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:26 Go to previous message
Demetrios is currently offline DemetriosFriend
Finaly!!!

The eclipse interface is web-based on the Internet Explorer. I do not use IE, I use Firefox and this was the reason that the solution didn't came up early.

In Internet Explorer I had, for some reason - a long time ago, disabled the "Show images" thus the icons/pictures failed to appear.

Rstoring this option eclipse displays all icons.

Demetrios
Previous Topic:intro to menu
Next Topic:Nickname forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:51:17 GMT 2024