Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues
Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724087] Sat, 10 September 2011 17:33 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
I am opening this post to enable use exchange the issues and their
solutions or bugs we need to open with other eclipse.org projects
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724657 is a reply to message #724087] Mon, 12 September 2011 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At times when i try to import the projects in to workspace like we do the plugins projects from root[sources]/plugins, the eclipse is closed automatically and generated the attached error log.

The i reopened eclipse and tried to import the projects again and it worked.

Please validate the log and open a bug in Eclipse Juno-42 if required.

~Kamesh
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724659 is a reply to message #724657] Mon, 12 September 2011 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Please report Eclipse 4.2 issues directly to the Eclipse Platform forum or to the Eclipse Platform bugzilla. Unless the issue is with Sapphire's operation under Eclipse 4.2, it isn't appropriate or fruitful to raise those issues on this forum.

- Konstantin
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724674 is a reply to message #724659] Mon, 12 September 2011 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/13/2011 12:02 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Please report Eclipse 4.2 issues directly to the Eclipse Platform forum
> or to the Eclipse Platform bugzilla. Unless the issue is with Sapphire's
> operation under Eclipse 4.2, it isn't appropriate or fruitful to raise
> those issues on this forum.
>
> - Konstantin

The reason i posted it here is because you said so,

"On 09/10/2011 10:47 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Yes, I would look at stack traces that are logged and try to open bugs
> to appropriate projects. "

Otherwise I would have directly reported to Eclipse 4.2 !!!!
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724678 is a reply to message #724674] Mon, 12 September 2011 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe you misunderstood my statement in another thread...

"Yes, I would look at stack traces that are logged and try to open bugs to appropriate projects."

The "I would ..." phrases are statements regarding what the speaker would do in your place. Here I am stating what I would do in your place if I were to run into problems with Eclipse 4.2. It isn't an offer to triage and report failures that you've encountered. That is something that should be handled by the platform team.

Hope that clarifies.

- Konstantin
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724710 is a reply to message #724678] Mon, 12 September 2011 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries it would have been better if you are clear on that.
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724997 is a reply to message #724659] Tue, 13 September 2011 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/13/2011 12:02 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Please report Eclipse 4.2 issues directly to the Eclipse Platform forum
> or to the Eclipse Platform bugzilla. Unless the issue is with Sapphire's
> operation under Eclipse 4.2, it isn't appropriate or fruitful to raise
> those issues on this forum.
>
> - Konstantin

I see some issues with clean builds on the juno-42, the download is
getting connection timed out after downloading 376/382 MB, this has
happened around 5 to 6t times i tried to do this. I initially thought
it was my network problem, but actually it was not.

Can you please let me know if we can change this do download another
juno42 repo zip ? Or is there any work around for this ?

~Kamesh
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #724998 is a reply to message #724997] Tue, 13 September 2011 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/13/2011 10:57 PM, Kamesh Sampath wrote:
> On 09/13/2011 12:02 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
>> Please report Eclipse 4.2 issues directly to the Eclipse Platform forum
>> or to the Eclipse Platform bugzilla. Unless the issue is with Sapphire's
>> operation under Eclipse 4.2, it isn't appropriate or fruitful to raise
>> those issues on this forum.
>>
>> - Konstantin
>
> I see some issues with clean builds on the juno-42, the download is
> getting connection timed out after downloading 376/382 MB, this has
> happened around 5 to 6t times i tried to do this. I initially thought it
> was my network problem, but actually it was not.
>
> Can you please let me know if we can change this do download another
> juno42 repo zip ? Or is there any work around for this ?
>
> ~Kamesh

Let me know if i can download it manually and name the file with the
checksum name ? will that work ? and build will proceed to next steps ?

~Kamesh
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725019 is a reply to message #724998] Tue, 13 September 2011 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/13/2011 11:04 PM, Kamesh Sampath wrote:
> On 09/13/2011 10:57 PM, Kamesh Sampath wrote:
>> On 09/13/2011 12:02 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
>>> Please report Eclipse 4.2 issues directly to the Eclipse Platform forum
>>> or to the Eclipse Platform bugzilla. Unless the issue is with Sapphire's
>>> operation under Eclipse 4.2, it isn't appropriate or fruitful to raise
>>> those issues on this forum.
>>>
>>> - Konstantin
>>
>> I see some issues with clean builds on the juno-42, the download is
>> getting connection timed out after downloading 376/382 MB, this has
>> happened around 5 to 6t times i tried to do this. I initially thought it
>> was my network problem, but actually it was not.
>>
>> Can you please let me know if we can change this do download another
>> juno42 repo zip ? Or is there any work around for this ?
>>
>> ~Kamesh
>
> Let me know if i can download it manually and name the file with the
> checksum name ? will that work ? and build will proceed to next steps ?ual;
>
> ~Kamesh

it worked, i manually downloaded the file and renamed it to the name of
the chksum and and fire clean-start again and it surpassed the step.

~Kamesh
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725241 is a reply to message #725019] Wed, 14 September 2011 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have updated the Eclipse 4.2 build to a newer build. The build is working for me (no timeouts). Not sure what specifically was causing timeouts for you, but the unmirrored weekly builds that we are currently using do tend to be a touch flaky on download.

- Konstantin
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725263 is a reply to message #725241] Wed, 14 September 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/14/2011 04:18 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> I have updated the Eclipse 4.2 build to a newer build. The build is
> working for me (no timeouts). Not sure what specifically was causing
> timeouts for you, but the unmirrored weekly builds that we are currently
> using do tend to be a touch flaky on download.
> - Konstantin

Even i was confused a bit really but some how managed to make a clean
successful build and now started work on the bugs on these platforms
though I am having the Mylyn issue :(, are you having Mylyn issue on
Eclipse 4.2 ? Are able to save your bugzilla credentials on Eclipse 42 ?
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725289 is a reply to message #725263] Wed, 14 September 2011 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have not started using Mylyn yet, so I cannot comment on that.
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725293 is a reply to message #725289] Wed, 14 September 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note that I had to revert to the original 9/6 build of Eclipse 4.2 that we were using as newer builds seem to have a bug that prevents test launching from working, so the Hudson build doesn't pass.
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725334 is a reply to message #725293] Wed, 14 September 2011 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 09/14/2011 06:29 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Note that I had to revert to the original 9/6 build of Eclipse 4.2 that
> we were using as newer builds seem to have a bug that prevents test
> launching from working, so the Hudson build doesn't pass.

I am seeing the attached stack trace while loading when running my test
app for the Bug-354199. I am using the juno42.

I just want to know your thoughts on the same, if you see its specific
to Bug-354199 then I can walkthrough the code, I guess this is happening
since we merged the "Bug-354292 adding Actions @Node level"

~Kamesh

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsContentNode.isChildNodeFactoryProperty(MasterDetailsContentNode.java:636)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsContentNode.handleModelElementChange(MasterDetailsContentNode.java:762)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePart$1.propertyChanged(SapphirePart.java:107)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElement.notifyPropertyChangeListeners(ModelElement.java:1038)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElement.notifyPropertyChangeListeners(ModelElement.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElementList.refresh(ModelElementList.java:191)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElementList.init(ModelElementList.java:68)
at com.sk.sapphire.contentassist.model.internal.Shapes.refreshProperty(Shapes.java:59)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElement.refresh(ModelElement.java:453)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling.ModelElement.refresh(ModelElement.java:446)
at com.sk.sapphire.contentassist.model.internal.Shapes.getShapes(Shapes.java:38)
at com.sk.sapphire.contentassist.model.internal.Shapes.read(Shapes.java:83)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePropertyEditor.computeValidationState(SapphirePropertyEditor.java:487)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePart.updateValidationState(SapphirePart.java:262)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePart.init(SapphirePart.java:151)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePart.create(SapphirePart.java:870)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePartContainer.init(SapphirePartContainer.java:62)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireSection.init(SapphireSection.java:59)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphirePart.init(SapphirePart.java:149)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsContentNode.init(MasterDetailsContentNode.java:230)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsContentNode.init(MasterDetailsContentNode.java:272)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsContentOutline.getRoot(MasterDetailsContentOutline.java:82)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage$5.getElements(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:580)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:1010)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.getRawChildren(ColumnViewer.java:703)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1343)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:391)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:917)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:612)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:812)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:789)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:644)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:760)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1540)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(TreeViewer.java:833)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1524)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1443)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:403)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1404)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1517)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.FilteredTree$NotifyingTreeViewer.inputChanged(FilteredTree.java:1187)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:280)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1690)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage.createContentOutline(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:651)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage.access$2(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:567)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage$MasterSection.<init>(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:1249)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage$RootSection.createMasterPart(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:1132)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.MasterDetailsBlock.createContent(MasterDetailsBlock.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.MasterDetailsBlock.createContent(MasterDetailsBlock.java:142)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage$RootSection.createContent(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:1108)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.form.editors.masterdetails.MasterDetailsEditorPage.createFormContent(MasterDetailsEditorPage.java:277)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormPage$1.run(FormPage.java:152)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormPage.createPartControl(FormPage.java:150)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditorFormPage.createPartControl(SapphireEditorFormPage.java:80)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.pageChange(FormEditor.java:471)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditor.pageChange(SapphireEditor.java:516)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:1081)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.setActivePage(FormEditor.java:603)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.SapphireEditor.addPages(SapphireEditor.java:403)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.createPages(FormEditor.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:358)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:122)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:45)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:259)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:838)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:818)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:110)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:317)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:239)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:153)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:90)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:64)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:141)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:858)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:612)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:714)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:664)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:721)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer.postProcess(LazyStackRenderer.java:98)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:628)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:714)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:679)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:664)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:624)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$6.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:501)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:486)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ElementReferenceRenderer.createWidget(ElementReferenceRenderer.java:70)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:858)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:612)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:624)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveRenderer.processContents(PerspectiveRenderer.java:59)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRenderer.showTab(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:103)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer.postProcess(LazyStackRenderer.java:98)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRenderer.postProcess(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:77)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:628)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.processContents(WBWRenderer.java:559)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:930)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:885)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:90)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:539)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:519)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725336 is a reply to message #725334] Wed, 14 September 2011 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you open a bug for this stack trace?
Re: Sapphire - Juno-42 - Issues [message #725373 is a reply to message #725336] Wed, 14 September 2011 15:14 Go to previous message
On 09/14/2011 08:11 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Could you open a bug for this stack trace?
Done! You the bug is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357645
Previous Topic:Various Target Platforms
Next Topic:Using CSS in HTML Panel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:31:03 GMT 2024