Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers
SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #723873] Fri, 09 September 2011 18:20 Go to next message
Ravi  is currently offline Ravi Friend
Hello,

I have an SWT Table with large number of columns (500). With some predefined column width (100), I can only see some 300 columns' headers, rest look blank. If I resize to reduce the column width, I can see more columns. There is no problem in seeing the actual data though. This is observed only on Windows (XP). On Linux, I dont see this issue.

Is there any workaround or solution to this?

Is there a defect already filed? Can I have the number please?

Thanks,
Ravi
Re: SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #724517 is a reply to message #723873] Mon, 12 September 2011 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Please see --> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302248

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #724534 is a reply to message #724517] Mon, 12 September 2011 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Lakshmi. Looks like the bug is still open.

I found another old 72293 one which is marked as RESOLVED WONTFIX.

Not sure if this will be pursued further.
Re: SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #724841 is a reply to message #724534] Tue, 13 September 2011 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,
As mentioned in the bugs this is a OS limitation/bug, hence I don't think it could be fixed in SWT.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #724890 is a reply to message #724534] Tue, 13 September 2011 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay RajFriend
Actually Tables and Trees are intended to show metadata,hence it would be a bad practice to show more no of columns in a table or tree..
instead the table should show important(sortable or filter columns only) columns and on selection your may show the detailed view in a form kind of GUI.

---------------------
why, mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?
Because I Choose To.
Regards,
Vijay
Re: SWT Table with large number of columns does not display column headers [message #725417 is a reply to message #724890] Wed, 14 September 2011 17:57 Go to previous message
I agree it is an OS limitation/defect and cannot be fixed in SWT, but was hoping to see if the Eclipse developer team pursue this further by opening a vendor OS defects.
Previous Topic:Detect any shell activation/deactivation
Next Topic:Input Methods Menu Entry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:57:48 GMT 2024