Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » printf is ambiguous messages on indigo/CDT 8(annoying warnings about printf and fscanf)
printf is ambiguous messages on indigo/CDT 8 [message #723464] Thu, 08 September 2011 15:43 Go to next message
tom is currently offline tomFriend
Hi Folks,

Relatively new to CDT. I'm getting these annoying messages about printf and fscanf. Everything still builds and works, but this is just a 40 line test program, so, I'm trying to head off bigger issues in the future.

Installation details:
Mac OSX (Leopard)
I have eclipse Indigo and installed CDT it by downloading the cdt-master.tgz, uncompressing, and copying the plugins dir from that tgz into the eclipse plugins dir. I did this because I when I used the update URL, it never actually showed the CDT main plugin, I just got stuff about CDT/autotools and CDT/Visual C++ (which I did install)

I was originally getting errors about unresolved includes, but I then rebuilt the index and pointed the project to /usr/includes and that cleared up. But now this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: printf is ambiguous messages on indigo/CDT 8 [message #724711 is a reply to message #723464] Mon, 12 September 2011 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom is currently offline tomFriend
Any ideas with this? Anyone able to use CDT 8.0 with Indigo? I go to add the update site and it tells me that it's a duplicate, yet when I search for cdt, I don't see the actual CDT package, just the two I mentioned earlier.
Re: printf is ambiguous messages on indigo/CDT 8 [message #724861 is a reply to message #723464] Tue, 13 September 2011 11:20 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
I'm getting these annoying messages about printf and fscanf. Everything still builds and works,

That's probably a warning from the Eclipse code analysis (Codan). Can you post the offending lines?

Quote:
I have eclipse Indigo and installed CDT it by downloading the cdt-master.tgz, uncompressing, and copying the plugins dir from that tgz into the eclipse plugins dir.

It's a bad idea just to unzip into the plugins dir. You should follow the official installation instructions.
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indigo/

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Compilation freeze
Next Topic:Indexer equivalent of "gcc --include filename" ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:50:24 GMT 2024