Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Can I use multiple Host entries in tomcat-server.xml(Question on how virgo applications get mapped to a host)
Can I use multiple Host entries in tomcat-server.xml [message #723419] Thu, 08 September 2011 14:01 Go to next message
Jack Lynch is currently offline Jack LynchFriend
Hi,

In Virgo is it possible to specify multiple host entries in tomcat-server.xml? I've tried, but cannot reach applications in any host other than the default "localhost". Basically I don't see how I could for example deploy an application to the pickup directory, and associate it with a particular host.

What I'd like to do is deploy applications in Virgo such that:

www.domainA.com - serves WAB A that uses application in Plan S
www.domainB.com - serves WAB B that uses application in Plan S

where Plan S defines a shared application providing services that all domains use.

Thanks,
Jack

Re: Can I use multiple Host entries in tomcat-server.xml [message #723440 is a reply to message #723419] Thu, 08 September 2011 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
can you see whether this enhancement (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310775) is what you asked for?
Re: Can I use multiple Host entries in tomcat-server.xml [message #723458 is a reply to message #723440] Thu, 08 September 2011 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Lynch is currently offline Jack LynchFriend
Thanks Violeta, yes that describes exactly what I'm asking for. The note about having virtual hosts using different WARs to server "/" context is particularly relevant.

It appears that configuration of virtual hosts in Tomcat isn't currently supported by VTS. If so, should it be noted in the User Guide?
Re: Can I use multiple Host entries in tomcat-server.xml [message #723516 is a reply to message #723458] Thu, 08 September 2011 17:49 Go to previous message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
here it is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357129
Previous Topic:Hot deployer activated too early
Next Topic:An artifact in a non-atomic plan fails to start, VWS stops all other artifacts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:30:47 GMT 2024