Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [SWT GUI] switch between outlines attached to the desktop
[SWT GUI] switch between outlines attached to the desktop [message #723141] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:58 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
In an application rendered by the SWT GUI, how should the user switch between outlines?

In the swing application, the OutlineViewButtons I have added to my Outline are rendered in an "Outline Bar" on top of the main window. This bar represents the active outline and the other available outlines (configured with getConfiguredOutlines in the Desktop). (To a have a proper "Outline bar" I applied this modification of the SwingEnvironment)

What are the possibilities in SWT?

Re: [SWT GUI] switch between outlines attached to the desktop [message #723911 is a reply to message #723141] Fri, 09 September 2011 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I add a look to what an RCP application may provide...

To my mind, the "outline bar", should be realized with the Main Toolbar (called Coolbar[see this tutorial: Menus and Toolbars]). All Outlines defined in the getConfiguredOutlines of the Desktop needs to be reprensented by a button (IAction). The IAction representing the selected outline should be checked.

Here a prototype (and a comparison with the Swing UI):
index.php/fa/3921/0/

For the moment I have no clue on how the Separation of the UI and the GUI is implemented in Scout... I add a look on the org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swt plug-in... Coding there is not for me (yet).

From what I understood of Scout RT and Eclipse RCP, this should be possible...
Re: [SWT GUI] switch between outlines attached to the desktop [message #724215 is a reply to message #723911] Sun, 11 September 2011 13:27 Go to previous message
Li Hao is currently offline Li HaoFriend
What I did was to add a action button to change outline in the coolbar, but that means I need to edit the swt code directly. you can refer to this post: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/234236/720787/#msg_720787

Previous Topic:promised wicket integration?
Next Topic:Pixel size of GUI Element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:03:11 GMT 2024