Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » internal error during c++ indexing - what to do?(internal error during c++ indexing - what to do?)
internal error during c++ indexing - what to do? [message #723105] Wed, 07 September 2011 16:23 Go to next message
dm  is currently offline dm Friend
Hi-

In the last day any time that the C++ indexer has been invoked, I've gotten a message box with the following message from eclipse:

'Initialize Indexing' has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during "Initialize Indexing". Under details it shows:

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException

On the workspace log window, I can click on this error and get the full java stack dump:

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.db.ShortString.getChars(ShortString.java:79)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.db.ShortString.getString(ShortString.java:85)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOM.readLinkages(PDOM.java:336)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOM.loadDatabase(PDOM.java:319)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOM.<init>(PDOM.java:295)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.WritablePDOM.<init>(WritablePDOM.java:45)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.WritablePDOM.<init>(WritablePDOM.java:41)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOMManager.getOrCreatePDOM(PDOMManager.java:374)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOMManager.createIndexer(PDOMManager.java:544)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOMManager.access$0(PDOMManager.java:539)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.PDOMManager$3.run(PDOMManager.java:717)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Any idea if this is a problem that I can fix on my end as an eclipse user? It looks like from the stack dump (and the keyword loadDatabase I see in it) that it is looking in some database file somewhere... Any chance that I could delete this file and the problem might just "go away"? If so, where would I find the file?

We are running Eclipse build 20100218-1602, Eclipse CDT version 6.0.2.201002161416.

Thanks for any help you can give,

-dm
(no subject) [message #723246 is a reply to message #723105] Thu, 08 September 2011 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HagenFriend
On 9/7/2011 6:23 PM, dm wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for any help you can give,

How about googling for "Eclipse C++ indexer problem"?

Sounds to me like a known JVM bug. Try a different JVM.
Re: (no subject) [message #723767 is a reply to message #723246] Fri, 09 September 2011 12:31 Go to previous message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
If you won't find a known problem, I would suggest opening a bug for this.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
Previous Topic:Method does not appear in the JUnit test
Next Topic:Extending grammar for microcontroller C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:55:05 GMT 2024