Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Forcing Workspace build when running ant script.(Problem with Build)
Forcing Workspace build when running ant script. [message #722973] Wed, 07 September 2011 10:51
krist.vanbesien is currently offline krist.vanbesienFriend
Hello,

I've using Eclipse to build a set of java projects, that are deployed to a server to run as webservices.

Basically the workflow is as follow:

1) I run an ant script in the workspace that checks the latest changes out from CVS.
2) Then I press "ctrl-B" to build everything.
3) Then I run another ant scripts that builds jars and copies them to our servers.

My problem is that I tend to forget the press "ctrl-B" sometimes in between the two ant scripts, and the result is that outdated class files then get included in the jars that are build in step 3.

I've inherited all these ant scripts, and want to somehow make sure that a complete build of the workspace is done when I start the ant script in step 3. I thought that by checking the "build before launch" checkbox in the ant launch dialog I could force a build before the script runs. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

So what should I do in stead? How do I force a build of the entire workspace before the ant script is launched? Or how do I make a build part of the ant scripts itself?
Previous Topic:Cannot resolve FileInputStream
Next Topic:Eclipse disappeared for running applet from jsp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:12:01 GMT 2024