Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Differences in RAP 1.4 und 1.5 M1(Behavior of getRealPath() and closing security dialog)
Differences in RAP 1.4 und 1.5 M1 [message #722900] Wed, 07 September 2011 06:24 Go to next message
ANS Mising name is currently offline ANS Mising nameFriend
Hi users,

I discovered different behavior of RAP 1.4 und 1.5 M1.
There is code snippet below.

ServletContext sc = RWT.getRequest().getSession().getServletContext();
System.out.println("<<<>>> RealPath /WEB-INF: " + sc.getRealPath("/WEB-INF"));
System.out.println("<<<>>> RealPath /: " + sc.getRealPath("/"));

After deploying in Tomcat the console shows the following:

--> RAP 1.4
<<<>>> RealPath /WEB-INF: ...\tomcat\webapps\test14\WEB-INF
<<<>>> RealPath /: ...\tomcat\webapps\test14\

--> RAP 1.5 M1
<<<>>> RealPath /WEB-INF: .../tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/test15/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.rap.ui/context/WEB-INF
<<<>>> RealPath /: .../tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/test15/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.rap.ui/context/

I'm not an expert in Web-Apps, but from the one's I know the result of RAP 1.4 seems to be the correct one.
This behavior came unexpected for me and without a warning. May be I missed some documentation? What will be the behavior in a 1.5 release version?

Also, I'm trying to implement security like shown in http;//wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/Equinox_Security_Integration.
There is also a different behavior. In RAP 1.4 the application continues starting after pressing the Login-button, in 1.5 the dialog disappears and nothing more happens.

Does anyone has any ideas or further information?

Thanks in advance
Re: Differences in RAP 1.4 und 1.5 M1 [message #722925 is a reply to message #722900] Wed, 07 September 2011 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,
regarding security be careful, JAAS in equinox security bundle is not really well supported in server side environment (see bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=215828)
I started using it but facing issues because of this bug, so I had to revert back to a classical web application declarative security for authentication.

Just to inform you
Regards,
Arnaud
Re: Differences in RAP 1.4 und 1.5 M1 [message #722934 is a reply to message #722900] Wed, 07 September 2011 08:52 Go to previous message
Frank Appel is currently offline Frank AppelFriend
Hi,

seems to me that you've found a bug that belongs to the RWT-OSGi integration. Could you please file a bugzilla entry to follow the progress on this issue? I will have a look at it asap as I agree that the 1.4 behaviour on tomcat deployment is the correct one.

Regarding the equinox-security-integration bundle I must have a look whether this also belongs to the refactorings that came with RWT-OSGi integration stuff.

Regards
Frank Appel
Previous Topic:Install RAP from tooling zip
Next Topic:browser.setText
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:22:55 GMT 2024