Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » Re: buckminster.download.source=true causes failure
Re: buckminster.download.source=true causes failure [message #722731] Tue, 06 September 2011 15:10
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-09-06 16:31, Alan Underwood wrote:
> Hi, Thomas
>
> I thought it might have been my misunderstanding of what source="true" means. However, I still have a problem resolving
> the binary plug-in with buckminster.download.source=true when there is no source. I've looked at the
> CSpecBuilder.addSourceDependency() method, which adds the source plugin dependency to the cspec and sets a filter on
> that dependency to make it optional (I presume). The filter is:
> (&(buckminster.download.source=true)(!(eclipse.p2.optional=false)))
>
> But when it comes to resolving the child node (the .source plug-in) I don't think the filter applied to the dependency
> is checked - I think it might be using the filter in the context it takes from the binary plug-in which is not optional,
> but I find it difficult to follow the code.
>
> I have checked the binary plug-in and it has no dependency on .source, the .source dependency is added by the
> addSourceDependency() method.
>
> Any ideas? Where in the code does the resolver check for filters such as eclipse.p2.optional?
>
The eclipse.p2.optional filter is generated synthetically when features or plug-ins have optional requirements. The
Buckminster resolver will attempt to resolve such dependencies but will be forgiving if they are not found.

What kind of errors do you see and when?

- thomas
Previous Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] problem replacing qualifiers with lastRevision and add suffix for features
Next Topic:buckminster.download.source=true causes failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:29:11 GMT 2024