Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to debug C++ code called from a JAVA Simulation Program(Debugging two projects written in separate languages where one project calls the other. )
How to debug C++ code called from a JAVA Simulation Program [message #722569] Tue, 06 September 2011 08:23
juan  is currently offline juan Friend
Greetings,

I need help learning how to debug a c++ program that is called within a java program that is a robot simulation. This is a program called OpenHRP (openrtp.jp/openhrp3/en/index.html)

The program simulation, I believe was written in JAVA, the controller in C++. I am also using Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and Eclipse-Ganymede.

What I have attempted so far is to load two projects the java simulation program and the C++ program.

I have the intuition that I could launch the debugger for the java simulation program and then that program would call the C++ code and I could debug using breakpoints.

I ran a debug configuration using the eclipse application->program to run.
With this debug configuration I could debug the java code, but it never went into the C++ code.

After some reading I understood that I should also use the debug configuration 'C/C++ Attach to Local Application'. I was not sure how to use this one though I tried in a variety of ways with no success.

I am not an experienced user, so if anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step explanation of how to set all of this up.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Indigo indexer shows bugs, Helios just ignores
Next Topic:Several annoying problems with Cygwin GDB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:03:31 GMT 2024