Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Selecting RCP Project Disables Finish Button(Cannot create a new RCP project. Finish button disabled.)
Selecting RCP Project Disables Finish Button [message #722207] Mon, 05 September 2011 04:45 Go to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
When I try to create a new plugin project, if I select the "Would you like to create a rich client application? radio button (Yes button), the "Finish" button becomes immediately disabled.

I checked the Installation Details using Help->About, and RCP is listed in the Features tab. This is the information I see on the Features tab:
Provider = Eclipse.org
Feature Name = Eclipse RCP
Version = 3.7.0.v20110216-9DB5Fm1FpBGy_AaVz-mFamgY
Feature Id = org.eclipse.org

I am using Ubuntu Linux 11.04 and Eclipse Indigo.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Herb Miller
Re: Selecting RCP Project Disables Finish Button [message #723137 is a reply to message #722207] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
The "Finish" button become disabled because there is another page within the wizard, so you need to click "Next". On the next wizard page you will be prompted to select a template, which are fully-functional RCP application with minimal behavior.
Re: Selecting RCP Project Disables Finish Button [message #724506 is a reply to message #723137] Mon, 12 September 2011 13:44 Go to previous message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
Thanks for this info. I knew it was something simple. I have created several RCP apps. This must have just slipped my mind.

I am at work in Memphis, and I won't be back in Huntsville until the weekend. I will verify that is the problem.

Thanks Again,
Herb Miller
Previous Topic:A few questions regarding the more basic stuff
Next Topic:weird problem during startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:14:12 GMT 2024