Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Code Generation(Suggested M2T)
Code Generation [message #721449] Thu, 01 September 2011 19:25 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
Hi,

I was just trying to play with some code generation with Sapphire and other M2T tools, bit confused on choosing the best one JET / XPand / Accello, each of the provide quiet handy support for EMF, can they be used for Sapphire Models too ??

Pointers ? Links ? A brief on the approach will help

Thanks.

~Kamesh
Re: Code Generation [message #721452 is a reply to message #721449] Thu, 01 September 2011 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Any general-purpose code generation framework (such as Apache Velocity) should be able to work with Sapphire. Obviously, an EMF specific framework will not work with Sapphire.

Note that if you are looking to do this as part of a contribution to Sapphire, we are very unlikely to accept contributions that come with dependencies. There are some classes in sapphire.sdk.build.processor bundle that make constructing .java files easier. They are used by Sapphire annotation processor. See GenerateImplProcessor.

- Konstantin
Re: Code Generation [message #721537 is a reply to message #721452] Fri, 02 September 2011 03:56 Go to previous message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
OK! Exactly i was trying to generate the Sapphire model class ( ? extends IModelElement), with the wizard that i was developing, its in response to one of the enhancements that was reported.
Previous Topic:Unmarshall XML in Model
Next Topic:Extending Sapphire Wizards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:05:26 GMT 2024