Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » maven repository for xtext 2.0.1
maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #721047] Wed, 31 August 2011 19:28 Go to next message
darkdigitaldream is currently offline darkdigitaldreamFriend
I've been trying to tie my xtext2 projects into a maven build. I found a great tutorial for this, yet it uses the old 0.7.1 jar libraries at the openarchitectureware.org repository. As far as I can tell, this is still xtext1 and I need to point maven to a more current repository.

Eclipse is telling me it is using version 2.0.1 for it's builds, but I havent been able to find a public repository hosting these jar files in a maven-friendly way. I am also uncertain as to where eclipse is storing the recent jar files it is using, or if it would even be practical to try and pull them across my hard drive into my local maven repository somehow.

Has anyone here successfully gotten maven and xtext2 working together? How did you satisfy dependencies?
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #721053 is a reply to message #721047] Wed, 31 August 2011 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i just know http://fornax-platform.org/nexus/content/groups/public
containing 2.0.0. guess Karsten Thoms did not yet find the time to feed
2.0.1 there.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #721073 is a reply to message #721053] Wed, 31 August 2011 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
Dennis is working on publishing maven artifacts into Eclipse's maven repo. Just a matter of days.
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #721093 is a reply to message #721047] Wed, 31 August 2011 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

Am 31.08.11 21:28, schrieb darkdigitaldream:
> I've been trying to tie my xtext2 projects into a maven build. I found a
> great tutorial for this, yet it uses the old 0.7.1 jar libraries at the
> openarchitectureware.org repository. As far as I can tell, this is still
> xtext1 and I need to point maven to a more current repository.
>
> Eclipse is telling me it is using version 2.0.1 for it's builds, but I
> havent been able to find a public repository hosting these jar files in
> a maven-friendly way. I am also uncertain as to where eclipse is storing
> the recent jar files it is using, or if it would even be practical to
> try and pull them across my hard drive into my local maven repository
> somehow.
>
> Has anyone here successfully gotten maven and xtext2 working together?
> How did you satisfy dependencies?
I pushed the first draft of Xtext maven repository yesterday.
It's untested and maybe not well formed.
Not for production use, no warranty. :)

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/maven
Please drop me a line, if it works or not.

Best regards,
Dennis.
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #721446 is a reply to message #721093] Thu, 01 September 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll try and get maven hooked into it this afternoon. Still new to maven, so it may take some learning and tweaking on my end.
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #722082 is a reply to message #721093] Sun, 04 September 2011 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthijs  is currently offline Matthijs Friend
Hi

The link to download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/maven does not seem to work. I have also tried the repository at maven.eclipse.org, but this repo does not include xtext artifacts.

Regards
Matthijs
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #722761 is a reply to message #722082] Tue, 06 September 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As Matthijs suggests, I was not able to get the repo at http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/maven to work properly.

I figured 2.0.0 may be close enough to work with and tried the repo at http://fornax-platform.org/nexus/content/groups/public with no success. This is likely my own fault, as I am trying to adapt the POM.xml files from an xtext 0.7.2 project to run 2.0.0, and mapping the old dependencies to the new ones is proving to be problematic. The mapping of xtext 1 to xtext 2 jar files is tricky as it seems the names and version naming schemes are a little different.

By the time I worked out the 'dependencies not found' errors the project simply refused to compile for reasons I still cannot determine.

I may have to come back to this train of thought when I have a little more xtext experience.
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #723107 is a reply to message #721047] Wed, 07 September 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've come to learn that I need both repositories to make this work; The fornax repo contains a maven plugin allowing maven to run a generator, and the tmf repo (allegedly) at download.eclipse.org is the repo for the xtext/generator project itself (previously openarchitectureware before being merged into eclipse).

Without the latter repo being available, I think this train of thought is forced to wait. Nevertheless, it's been really interesting seeing what happens 'under the hood' of the eclipse UI from start to end of the MDD process.

Dennis: if you could give us a signal/update when the repo is online and working, I'd be more than happy to test it. I've also found a lot of references to the maven-osgi-plugin and its successor 'maven bundle plugin'. It seems it's purpose is to convert standard osgi package conventions to maven's artifact conventions. If I understand properly, the repo you are putting online already conforms to mavens conventions, rendering these conversion plugins unnecessary?

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. Supporting all these elaborate components can't be easy.
Re: maven repository for xtext 2.0.1 [message #723551 is a reply to message #723107] Thu, 08 September 2011 18:14 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

Unfortunately I haven still no permission to push/link xtext maven
repository to maven.eclipse.org. The corresponding bug is still not
assigned (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356202)
Regretfully artefacts under
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/maven can not be
accessed directly.
You can download the repository produced with b3 from build.eclipse.org
by using this link
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/MWE-Language-nightly-HEAD/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/composite-repository/final/*zip*/final.zip
It's both p2 and maven repository a kind of hybrid :)

Best regards,
Dennis.

Am 07.09.11 18:24, schrieb darkdigitaldream:
> I've come to learn that I need both repositories to make this work; The
> fornax repo contains a maven plugin allowing maven to run a generator,
> and the tmf repo (allegedly) at download.eclipse.org is the repo for the
> xtext/generator project itself (previously openarchitectureware before
> being merged into eclipse).
>
> Without the latter repo being available, I think this train of thought
> is forced to wait. Nevertheless, it's been really interesting seeing
> what happens 'under the hood' of the eclipse UI from start to end of the
> MDD process.
> Dennis: if you could give us a signal/update when the repo is online and
> working, I'd be more than happy to test it. I've also found a lot of
> references to the maven-osgi-plugin and its successor 'maven bundle
> plugin'. It seems it's purpose is to convert standard osgi package
> conventions to maven's artifact conventions. If I understand properly,
> the repo you are putting online already conforms to mavens conventions,
> rendering these conversion plugins unnecessary?
>
> Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. Supporting all these elaborate
> components can't be easy.
Previous Topic:Scoping - recommendation/example?
Next Topic:EObjectAtOffsetHelper.internalResolveElementAt method is not null safe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:59:26 GMT 2024