Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Uninstall feature followed by reinstall older feature doesn't work(..the plugins in the old feature are left in the plugins/ directory)
Uninstall feature followed by reinstall older feature doesn't work [message #720989] Wed, 31 August 2011 16:12 Go to next message
Iulian Dragos is currently offline Iulian DragosFriend
Whenever I uninstall our feature from Eclipse, binaries are not removed from the plugins directory. When I install an older version of our feature, Eclipse picks up some of the newer bundles (part of the feature that was removed). This is extremely annoying, since the only solution I have is to manually remove the jar files from the plugin directory.

I wonder if there's something that we're doing wrong with regards to version numbers. Here's our scheme:

feature: 2.0.0.nightly-2_10
for bundles:

core: 2.0.0.nightly-2_10 (same as feature)
compiler: 2.10.0.r12345

If I uninstall, binaries still appear in the Eclipse/plugins directory. Then I install the following version:

feature: 2.0.0.nightly-2_09

core: 2.0.0.nightly-2_09
compiler: 2.9.1.r12333

Eclipse will wire the bundle 'core' (version 2_09) with the bundle 'compiler' 2.10.0.. (the latest version).

What could I do to make it correctly use the version of the bundle that comes with the feature?

thanks,
iulian
Re: Uninstall feature followed by reinstall older feature doesn't work [message #723385 is a reply to message #720989] Thu, 08 September 2011 12:49 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
My guess: you need to pass "-profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true' to the p2 director.

Brian.
Previous Topic:[Feature Patch] Feature gets installed without the Plugin
Next Topic:Listing installation units in p2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:07:48 GMT 2024