Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Update Workspace(How to perform a workspace update.)
Update Workspace [message #720138] Tue, 30 August 2011 00:34 Go to next message
Philip Bedingfield is currently offline Philip BedingfieldFriend
Hi

I've successfully created a cspec/mspec which populates my eclipse and hudson workspace using a cvs provider. Once that is done is there anyway to update the workspace with the latest code changes rather than materizing the entire workspace again? I tried the conflictResolution flag but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance
Philip
Re: Update Workspace [message #720234 is a reply to message #720138] Tue, 30 August 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-08-30 02:34, Philip Bedingfield wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've successfully created a cspec/mspec which populates my eclipse and hudson workspace using a cvs provider. Once that
> is done is there anyway to update the workspace with the latest code changes rather than materizing the entire workspace
> again? I tried the conflictResolution flag but that didn't seem to work.
> Thanks in advance
> Philip
>

Just running a new import should have that effect albeit with CVS it is a bit slow.

- thomas
Re: Update Workspace [message #720614 is a reply to message #720234] Tue, 30 August 2011 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't work for me, I have to delete the workspace and then do another import. Is there an option to update just the code that's changed?
Re: Update Workspace [message #720652 is a reply to message #720614] Wed, 31 August 2011 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it ... needed an Advisor Node to exclude the workspace during resolution.
Re: Update Workspace [message #722532 is a reply to message #720652] Tue, 06 September 2011 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be doing something wrong. I needed several advisor nodes with different resolution scope to direct resolution between the Target Platform and the Resolution Service. There must be an easier way to do it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Update Workspace [message #759903 is a reply to message #720138] Wed, 30 November 2011 14:07 Go to previous message
Philipp Nanz is currently offline Philipp NanzFriend
Is there any news on this?! I'm having a bunch of problems in this area, too.

#1 The git repo is not being updated, eventhough git.auto.fetch is set to true.

#2 The artifacts from previous builds (RCP plugins, features) seem to be reused eventhough I'm performing a clean (build -c). I noticed this because the build id in about.mappings stays the same across builds eventhough it should come from Hudson...

Only help so far has been to wipe the workspace before every build Sad

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:PSF with empty CVS password?
Next Topic:How to discard qualifier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:51:32 GMT 2024