Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to use Multibinding in xtext (inject a Set)?(What is the recommended way to use some kind of multibinding in xtext?)
How to use Multibinding in xtext (inject a Set)? [message #719469] Sat, 27 August 2011 11:16 Go to next message
Florian Quadt is currently offline Florian QuadtFriend
Hi,
I'm currently experimenting with guice in xtext and tried to inject a Set that is filled by Guice with a MultiBinder. I simply want to iterate over a list / set of binded objects / classes implementing one specific Interface. Sadly this introduces an IllegalAccessError with Proxies. After some browsing I found the following bug/enhancement:
bugId: 320439 (I'm unable to post links because I have to few posts )-:)

The error posted by Christoph Kulla (comment Cool seems to be the same error as mine.
In a reply Sven Efftinge notes that you tried around with MultiBinders but use a different approach now.

"We have tried them but I like the current approach more, because with that I
can override (remove) an addition to a multibinding in submodules again. It's
not optimal to inject the injector, but as it is pretty much encapsulated it's
not such a big problem."(Sven Efftinge; Comment 9 in bug 320439)

So this results in my question:
What is the recommended way to implement multibinding in a xtext and what is your "current approach"?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Florian Quadt

Re: How to use Multibinding in xtext (inject a Set)? [message #720425 is a reply to message #719469] Tue, 30 August 2011 15:00 Go to previous message
Ahm Nillort is currently offline Ahm NillortFriend
I have the same use case and am experiencing the same IllegalAccessError as Florian. Is there any way to get multibinding working with Guice in XText?

Previous Topic:Semantic/significant Whitespace
Next Topic:how do cross reference names work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:16:05 GMT 2024