Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Unwanted Javascript errors(unwanted javascript errors for jsp markup in .js files)
Unwanted Javascript errors [message #718559] Wed, 24 August 2011 16:55 Go to next message
steve  is currently offline steve Friend
Our site has the unfortunate legacy practice of using include directives for js files. This allows html and jsp-style comments as well as <%=someValue%> to be valid in a .js file. Awful, I know, but changing the code base is not an option.

My question is how can I suppress these kinds of validation errors? I have unchecked the JavaScript Validator builder for the project as well as suspending all the validators for the project. The errors are still showing up in the Problems tab, and the files themselves are bleeding red.

Any tips on how to I can get rid of these error notices? FWIW, I am running on the Indigo release on Ubuntu.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2011 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unwanted Javascript errors [message #718567 is a reply to message #718559] Wed, 24 August 2011 17:09 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The problem markers would normally be removed when the JavaScript Validator builder re-examines the files and finds that their syntax is proper JavaScript, which now sounds unlikely for more than one reason. You should be able to remove the messages from the Problems View directly, but the invalid syntax will continue to be unacceptable by the builder and when opened in the editor.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:JavaScript Outline guidelines
Next Topic:Problem with Indigo and Tomcat 7.0 on fedora 15
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:00:38 GMT 2024