Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » External builder - portably(How to execute an external builder on win & unix?)
External builder - portably [message #717954] Mon, 22 August 2011 19:54
Andreas Krey is currently offline Andreas KreyFriend
I have a java project that uses an external code generation tool whose source I get on irrelevant ways. Now, to build I need to execute a driver script that builds and runs the tool.

Problem: There is no way (or is there?) to specify different scripts depending on the host system (.bat for windows, .sh for everyone else).

So I thought to fall back on ruby for that. On unix all this isn't a problem, just mark executable and go, exec() will take care of that.

But ('Edit launch configuration properties')

${workspace_loc:/substrm/lib/mytool.rb}

as the executable does not work: CreateProcess error=193, %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung [is not a valid win32 application].

Is there any way to specify something as the builder that can actually work under windows and unix alike? Binaries obviously don't cut it; .bat files I can't write in a way that they do something sensible in unix (would need to start with a #!).

Hmm, it looks like I do actually need to use ant as a proxy for that. At least that does not obviously not work.

(I just chose ruby because I know it and can write the necessary glue code in it, and was under the apparently wrong expectation that registered extension can start interpreted scripts just like #! in unix.)
Previous Topic:[JDT UI] Small bug in Content Assist
Next Topic:Triggering loading of nested jars in a plug-in project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:03:20 GMT 2024