Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » the browser component, webkit, and PKI(is it possible to get swt browser using webkit to use PKI...)
the browser component, webkit, and PKI [message #717789] Mon, 22 August 2011 11:26
Mark Fishman is currently offline Mark FishmanFriend
Hi,

I have a RCP application which uses the SWT browser component to view a two way secured, SSL web site. Previously I used xulrunner as my renderer and by using JavaXPCOM I was able to get it setup with the appropriate CAs and each user's client PKI certificate. Unfortunately, I now need it to run on 64 bit systems and xulrunner does not provide versions for that in the 1.9.x family. More concerning, from what I read on some of the xulrunner forums, it may not even be possible to build it 64 bit on the Mac.

With that in mind, and due to the fact that it looks like SWT is focusing on webkit, I am looking to see how to get PKI setup through it. From other posts that I have found on the forum, I am under the impression that there is no consistent API across platforms for webkit and may not be one at all without writing my own JNI but I am hoping that I am wrong. Does anyone know if there are any libraries out there that will help facilitate programatically configuring webkit?

Thank.

-- Mark
Previous Topic:Canvas BackgroundImage
Next Topic:dynamic combo generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:43:55 GMT 2024