Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ?
Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717375] Sat, 20 August 2011 08:36 Go to next message
Andreas  is currently offline Andreas Friend
Hi guys.

I just started using WindowBuilder Pro at work yesterday, installed it fine and was enjoying it alot.

Now the weekend is here and I was planning on installing it on my personal computer too, but something is going wrong right now...

Since last evening, I get the following error message when I try to install the plugin:

Unable to connect to repository ... (note; I can appearently not post links in this forum yet, but its the adress to the 3.7 download page at google)
Connection timed out: connect

Is anyone else having this issue, or have an idea why I'm getting it? As I said I installed the plugin at work without problems, but now at home I get this weird error...

Thanks,
Andreas.
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717405 is a reply to message #717375] Sat, 20 August 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, turns out the problem was my firewall, ZoneAlarm. Does anyone else use this firewall and understand why it won't eclipse get through? The settings for eclipse are to allow all connections, so I can't understand why it doesn't work with the firewall running...

Anyway, disabling the firewall made all the difference so I'm downloading with the firewall turned off.

// Andreas
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717549 is a reply to message #717405] Sun, 21 August 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so turns out disabling the firewall was only partly helpful... After shutting down both zonealarm and the windows firewall, I still get the following error when trying to install WindowBuilder Pro:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at ...

URL removed since I cant post it yet...

// Andreas
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717552 is a reply to message #717549] Sun, 21 August 2011 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering, is there a way to download the WB Pro plugin "manually"? As opposed to using the built-in functionality of eclipse where I add the url in the "Install new software"-option?

// Andreas
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717577 is a reply to message #717549] Sun, 21 August 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
What do you mean by "URL removed since I cant post it yet"?

If you are having problems accessing update sites, why not use the ZIP install option?
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717611 is a reply to message #717577] Sun, 21 August 2011 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again Eric. Well since I'm a new member, I couldn't post the url earlier because I had yet to write 5 posts in the forum.

As for the zip install option, I wasn't aware it was an option. I just downloaded the zip-file though, but am a little puzzled to it's contents. Do you have a link to instructions for installing WB using the zip file perhaps?

// Andreas
Re: Unable to install plugin in Eclipse3.7 ? [message #717652 is a reply to message #717611] Mon, 22 August 2011 00:15 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The ZIP file is just a standard update site archive file, so see the standard Eclipse instructions for installing using an update site. It discussed archive update sites in ZIP format as well.
Previous Topic:"Cannot complete the install"
Next Topic:NPE in GridLayout2 after adding a getter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:22:56 GMT 2024