Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » String substitution in PSF files?
String substitution in PSF files? [message #716951] Thu, 18 August 2011 21:29 Go to next message
Mike Haney is currently offline Mike HaneyFriend
I've been testing out the new team project set support in the nightlies, and it's great! One more thing would be perfect for us, but I can't figure it out - string substitution.

Our use case is this - we have "master" repositories on github, and each developer works out of their own fork on their own github account. A pretty common arrangement, I'm sure. Anyway, what I would like to do is define a team project set, but replace the account name with a parameter pulled from an environment variable. Then, I could distribute the PSF file to the whole team, and each developer would end up getting the projects from their own fork.

Is this possible already, or is it something that could be added?
Re: String substitution in PSF files? [message #717039 is a reply to message #716951] Fri, 19 August 2011 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
Yeah, that's also an issue for my company, because we use Gerrit and don't allow anonymous access to the repositories.
It's not possible yet to substitute the usernames, but i have it on my wishlist. Could you file an enhancement request in Bugzilla?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2011 06:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: String substitution in PSF files? [message #717250 is a reply to message #717039] Fri, 19 August 2011 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Haney is currently offline Mike HaneyFriend
Will do. I might even take a stab at implementing this if I get time soon. I have a side project I would like to embed JGit in, so getting the dev environment setup and getting familiar with the code would be a good thing.
Re: String substitution in PSF files? [message #719502 is a reply to message #716951] Sat, 27 August 2011 14:23 Go to previous message
Robin Stocker is currently offline Robin StockerFriend
Good idea!

But I wouldn't use environment variables because they're hard to set up and keep track of.

How about using git config variables? For github, the user name is possibly already configured in .gitconfig (as github.user). You could then put ${github.user} in the .psf file and tell everyone to run this command before importing the project set:

git config --global github.user username
Previous Topic:Git team provider configuration has gone missing.
Next Topic:egit newbie: import existing git project&workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:30:32 GMT 2024