Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » error in context sensitive help with eclipse 3.6.2(null pointer exception in Share Project wizard)
error in context sensitive help with eclipse 3.6.2 [message #716543] Wed, 17 August 2011 16:29 Go to next message
Jane M.  is currently offline Jane M. Friend
When my plugin was installed on eclipse 3.6, context sensitive Help would display for the extensions to the Share Project wizard when the '?' was selected at the bottom of the page. When we upgraded to eclipse 3.6.2 we get a null pointer exception for the same action, see below. Please advise if I should report this as a bug. It also occurs in eclipse 3.7. For the rest of our views, and dialogs pressing F1 displays eclipse default Help. Only for the wizard is this a problem. Thanks.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart$SearchTerms.add(ContextHelpPart.java:430)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.computeSearchTerms(ContextHelpPart.java:456)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.updateSearchExpression(ContextHelpPart.java:394)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.updateSearchExpression(ContextHelpPart.java:293)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.handleActivation(ContextHelpPart.java:318)
at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.setFormInput(ContextHelpPart.java:707)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.ManagedForm.setInput(ManagedForm.java:238)
Re: error in context sensitive help with eclipse 3.6.2 [message #716725 is a reply to message #716543] Thu, 18 August 2011 08:47 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 17.08.2011 18:29, jmuse wrote:
> When my plugin was installed on eclipse 3.6, context sensitive Help
> would display for the extensions to the Share Project wizard when the
> '?' was selected at the bottom of the page. When we upgraded to
> eclipse 3.6.2 we get a null pointer exception for the same action, see
> below. Please advise if I should report this as a bug. It also occurs
> in eclipse 3.7.
Thanks for reporting this. I filed https://bugs.eclipse.org/355041 for
you. Until there is a fix you can simply set the wizard title in your
code to workaround the problem.

Dani
> For the rest of our views, and dialogs pressing F1 displays eclipse
> default Help. Only for the wizard is this a problem. Thanks.
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart$SearchTerms.add(ContextHelpPart.java:430)
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.computeSearchTerms(ContextHelpPart.java:456)
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.updateSearchExpression(ContextHelpPart.java:394)
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.updateSearchExpression(ContextHelpPart.java:293)
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.handleActivation(ContextHelpPart.java:318)
> at
> org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.views.ContextHelpPart.setFormInput(ContextHelpPart.java:707)
> at org.eclipse.ui.forms.ManagedForm.setInput(ManagedForm.java:238)
Previous Topic:Import Wizard does not appear
Next Topic:Custom listener for close RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:16:34 GMT 2024