Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Newbie question: "refresh" projects after eclipse update?(How to re-initialize existing workspace projects after eclipse update?)
Newbie question: "refresh" projects after eclipse update? [message #714361] Wed, 10 August 2011 12:19 Go to next message
fschmitt  is currently offline fschmitt Friend
Hi,

after upgrading from helios to indigo, all my workspace projects seem to have lost their git decorations. Did i miss any precautions before updating?

In each of the Worspace project folders, the .git subdirectories are still there, and modifying the repository settings using Window -> Preferences -> Team -> Git -> Configuration -> Repository Settings works, too. Of course, i could remove all local repositories (this means: remove all git-enabled projects from workspace) and re-fetch them from our scm server, but it would be easier just to tell EGit to use the existing repositories. Is there a way to make EGit use the repository structure that's already present in the project folder?

Any help is appreciated...
Re: Newbie question: "refresh" projects after eclipse update? [message #715059 is a reply to message #714361] Fri, 12 August 2011 08:52 Go to previous message
fschmitt  is currently offline fschmitt Friend
got it myself... here's a description of the required steps:

programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/100314/how-make-eclipse-egit-recognize-existing-repository-information-after-update/100545#100545

(forum sw doesn't allow me to post the link...)
Previous Topic:How to fetch changes from master repository?
Next Topic:Cloning from existing repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:48:57 GMT 2024