Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT being actively developed?
PDT being actively developed? [message #703856] Thu, 28 July 2011 01:45 Go to next message
Ed  is currently offline Ed Friend
Is PDT being actively developed? It seems very dated in its offerings, and the only real changes I have seen are compatibility updates for new versions of Eclipse?

Is it stalled due to lack of interest? Lack of developers? To push people to Zend?
Re: PDT being actively developed? [message #705909 is a reply to message #703856] Sat, 30 July 2011 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed  is currently offline Ed Friend
After two hours with Netbeans for PHP, I'm hooked. Eclipse PDT just seems dated (very dated) to me. I'm already more productive than I was after two years using Eclipse PDT, and the debug interface seems much more reliable.

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that after their initial generosity, Zend holds PDT hostage to the $300 Zend development tool.
Re: PDT being actively developed? [message #722783 is a reply to message #705909] Tue, 06 September 2011 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don  is currently offline don Friend
Hi Ed:

Absolutely. Zend makes it incredibly confusing and difficult to implement the free solution in hopes you will buy Zend Studio. And frankly IMHO Eclipse has complicity in this rip-off (bait and switch) of their base.

Shameful.
Don
Re: PDT being actively developed? [message #724222 is a reply to message #722783] Sun, 11 September 2011 14:28 Go to previous message
Krzysztof Maziarz is currently offline Krzysztof MaziarzFriend
Look:

hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-pdt-3.0-indigo/
www.eclipse.org/projects/project.php?id=tools.pdt

There are recent commits, means development is still active. In fact they seems to have severe issues which stability.

Previous Topic:How to show members in PHP Explorer View for .php files
Next Topic:[XDebug] <terminated, exit value: 0>C:\xampp\php\php.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:15:58 GMT 2024