Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Can I connect to live process like VisualVM does(Can I analysis live process without running it a while and dumping the heap?)
Can I connect to live process like VisualVM does [message #702407] Tue, 26 July 2011 10:16 Go to next message
Carfield Yim is currently offline Carfield YimFriend
HI all, can I analysis live process without running it a while and dumping the heap? My problem is there is a server process which take 4GB memory and there is no way for my local PC to open the dump and analysis it.
Re: Can I connect to live process like VisualVM does [message #703990 is a reply to message #702407] Thu, 28 July 2011 06:45 Go to previous message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
Hi,
No, you can't. With MAT you can only analyze heap dumps. If you manage to get the heap dump parsed once (on a stronger box) then it should be fine to copy all the generated files on your PC and do the analysis. There is also a command line script for the parsing (mat/ParseHeapDump <heap dump>) which is sometimes helpful on servers where you have no GUI. But I don't know if this is an option for you.
Sorry, I can't give you a more positive answer at the moment.
Krum
Previous Topic:View SVN link is broken
Next Topic:Unable to access article "Immortal objects Or How to Find Memory Leaks"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:08:40 GMT 2024