Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclispe 3.7 cannot resolve external jars
Eclispe 3.7 cannot resolve external jars [message #702369] Tue, 26 July 2011 09:22
ruhul  is currently offline ruhul Friend
Hi ALL,

We are developing eclipse plugin for our product. Prior to Eclipse 3.7 our external jars were placed in a different director (Say c:/external_product/lib) and we are referencing the jars in plugin.xml
<runtime>
<library name="../../external_product/lib/xyz.jar">
<export
name="*">
</export>
</library>

Since 3.7 the plugins is not able to load the classes. According to the BUG
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349603 , suggested to use "external" keyword for Bundle-Classpath entries in the manifest.file.
I tried like this

Bundle-ClassPath: .,
external: C:/demo/api.jar
Export-Package: com.tset,
com.tset.actions

But unfortunately it didn't worked for me.
Please let me know if i need to do something more or there is another way to solve the issue.

There is a way to solve the problem by embedding the jars in separate bundle and referencing it from the other bundles.
but those jar are common jars also used by external application (apart from eclipse). If i embed them in one more bundle we will have to duplicate all the jars and the count is more than 100 jars

Is there any other way to use the jars in eclipse without moving them (or embedding) to a new location ?

Thanks,
Ruhul
Previous Topic:Quotes stripped from launching arguments
Next Topic:Refresh the view in eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:46:15 GMT 2024