Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » issues with migrating from Visual Studio
issues with migrating from Visual Studio [message #699499] Thu, 21 July 2011 16:37
demich  is currently offline demich Friend
Hello,

I'm quite experienced programmer with background in gamedev and general windows programming. In my work i've used mostly VisualStudio. Unfortunately project i'm working on requires linux so i'm migrating from win to linux. As such, i've tried out many IDEs and as a result only code::blocks and eclipse cdt left.

Project i'm working on consist of external shared libary with very-extensive-script-using-build-system(i.e. no way of creating eclipse project out of it) and project that uses this library.

I'm able to set everything up(linker includes etc,) app is live and kicking, nothing fancy here.

Here are the issues that i've encountered while working with eclipse,

- when i use functions from library in my app there is no problem with navigating to function declaration, how to setup directories so i can navigate to implementation as well(ctrl+click presumably)?

- library has been compiled with debug symbols but i cannot step-in to function that comes from library (eclipse just steps over it) and again: where to setup directories so eclipse knows where to look for source files? or maybe library should be compiled with debug info containing absolute paths?

I hope someone can help me figure this out:)

regards

Previous Topic:DSF-GDB (CDT8.0) in remote-debug, non-stop mode: control of suspend thread not possible
Next Topic:Parsing and Flagging of static SQL in C and C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:42:51 GMT 2024