Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Reuse content assist from other EMF models(How to use Xtext index in property selector of a referring DSL)
Reuse content assist from other EMF models [message #699280] Thu, 21 July 2011 09:07
Marc Hamilton is currently offline Marc HamiltonFriend
I created a DSL with Xtext, (referred here as xtxDSL). Now I want to refer this xtxDSL from another EMF-based DSL (referred here as emfDSL), or e.g. from a UML profile.

I created a feature in my emfDSL that refers to an element of my xtxDSL. Once a xtxDSL instance model is loaded into my emfDSL instance editor, I can select from elements of the xtxDSL instance.

However, when a user doesn't know which resource to load, I would have to load all possible resources to allow the user to select the element.

It would be nice (scalability) to be able to select from the xtxDSL instance model in the same way as the Xtext editor does with content-assist, thus re-using the index and scoping mechanism that Xtext provides. This would allow to only load the resource(s) required to actually resolve the selected reference.

Is this a valid approach or are there better ones?
What should I do to achieve this and/or does anyone know any examples?

---
Thanks,
Marc.
Previous Topic:cross-reference resolution
Next Topic:Grammar w. hundreds of message types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 24 12:34:55 GMT 2020