Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing SWT controls on a splash screen
Testing SWT controls on a splash screen [message #698278] Tue, 19 July 2011 07:43 Go to next message
c.binzer is currently offline c.binzerFriend
Hi,

I have a problem using Jubula to test an RCP application that contains a splash screen with SWT controls. I want to test the controls in the splash but the object mapping mode don't work at this time. The splash screen is used as a log-in screen. After the log-in, when the real application started, everything works fine.

So what is the problem? Are the Jubula plug-ins not loaded at splash screen time?

Can anybody help me?
Thanks for help!
Christian
Re: Testing SWT controls on a splash screen [message #698410 is a reply to message #698278] Tue, 19 July 2011 12:41 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

the RCP remote control plugin for component recognition is not yet loaded when the splash screen appears. For dialogs such as workspace choosers, a test can get around this by setting the workspace as a part of the AUT configuration (using the -data option), in the AUT Arguments. If your application can be started with login parameters, then this would be the route to use.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula Control Flow
Next Topic:Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:19:32 GMT 2024