Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions(Problems replaying a recorded set of actions)
icon9.gif  Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions [message #696517] Thu, 14 July 2011 07:20 Go to next message
Marc Missing name is currently offline Marc Missing nameFriend
When I want to replay some recorded actions I almost always get an error 7009 with the recorded test steps 'Wait for Window' or 'Wait for Window to Close'.
I can workaround it, setting the 'Delay after Visibility' to 1000 instead of the default 500 which is set by jubula during the recording. This takes some time to always update the test steps.
Does anyone know if you could set parameters/preferences for the recording, so it would directly use/insert those in the test steps?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc
Re: Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions [message #697008 is a reply to message #696517] Fri, 15 July 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Marc,

For the error you are getting I would suggest entering a bug into Bugzilla. Please add as much information about version / application type / system as possible, and include the log files and project if you can.

In terms of getting around the error, you could create a central module that does a standard wait for window / wait for window to close with the timeouts and delays set as data in the module. Then you could just parametrize the window name and replace it at the necessary places in your test. This would at least save time entering data, and would also mean that you have a central place to change the timeouts and delays if you need to.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions [message #697830 is a reply to message #697008] Mon, 18 July 2011 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Missing name is currently offline Marc Missing nameFriend
Hi Alex,

I doubt it is a real bug, but filed a enhancement request 352304 for the project. Sorry I can not use an URL here, since I did not post more than 5 messages yet Sad

Your right indeed it is better to make it variable: I now use a custom variable i define is a central data set I link to my test cases.

I also first thought using a custom module, but in the current application, sometimes data and time stamps are inserted in the title, so rather blocked that way.

Regards,
Marc J.
Re: Error 7009: Test Execution Error during replay of recorded actions [message #698416 is a reply to message #697830] Tue, 19 July 2011 12:48 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Just as a hint - you can get around dynamic things like date and time stamps by using the parameter "matches" instead of "equals" for the window title recognition. "matches" lets you use regular expressions, so you can concentrate on the information you need without having to be bound to dynamic parts such as date and time. So if your window title is "DATE - TIME - MYWINDOW" then you could match the title using .*MYWINDOW.*. There's more information on regular expressions in the reference manual.
Previous Topic:Testing SWT controls on a splash screen
Next Topic:Jubula and Web Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:54:07 GMT 2024