Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » how to commit 'bug'fix and new feature?(bugfix for GridLayout)
icon5.gif  how to commit 'bug'fix and new feature? [message #696100] Wed, 13 July 2011 09:18 Go to next message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
hi,

(1) i noticed a 'bug' or strange behaviour of gridlayout.
eg if you have multiple components on a shell or similar and you set the griddata to exclude, the wrong component gets excluded unless you tell the component to hide.
i doubt that this is the way its supposed to work.

i fixed this one, and i can provide the new code.

(2) i ran into the problem that i needed not only to exclude a component, rather than moving the component to another position (index position)

so eg. i have a btn1, btn2 and btn3. i want to move btn3 in front of btn1 without erasing all the children of the shell and creating new stuff...
i wrote the needed code for that one too, seems to work fine.

i would like to give those lines of code to the community as eclipse makes my life way easier! so... HOW can i give the data to the community (so it gets integrated in the next release?)
[if there is no interest in integrating this into eclipse code, let me know Wink]

greets
lumo

Re: how to commit 'bug'fix and new feature? [message #696105 is a reply to message #696100] Wed, 13 July 2011 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Animesh Kumar is currently offline Animesh KumarFriend
Hi,
You can search for the component for which you have created the fixes and you can create a bug in bugzilla for the component and you can submit your patch there. You will be notified when someone takes an action on the bug.

Regards,
Animesh
Re: how to commit 'bug'fix and new feature? [message #696113 is a reply to message #696105] Wed, 13 July 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
thanks for the quick reply!
i did that now although i have no clue how to create a 'patch' so i
posted the bug and added the correct code in the comment.

i did the same for the feature request, but attached my new files instead...
hope thats correct!
Re: how to commit 'bug'fix and new feature? [message #696119 is a reply to message #696113] Wed, 13 July 2011 09:58 Go to previous message
Animesh Kumar is currently offline Animesh KumarFriend
For Creating a patch:-
I guess you would have downloaded the source code from CVS and would have edited that code only. So you can just Right Click on the plugin and Select Team-> Create Patch for creating the patch. Basically, a patch is a text file which tells the difference between your plugin and the original plugin in the CVS server.

Regards,
Animesh

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2011 09:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to adjust colors for dark backgrounds?
Next Topic:Understanding the Power of Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:53:56 GMT 2024