Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Editor can't be initalized. Unresolved proxy
Editor can't be initalized. Unresolved proxy [message #695829] Tue, 12 July 2011 15:48 Go to next message
Jeppe Cramon is currently offline Jeppe CramonFriend
Hi

I've created an EMF project, which houses two ecore model (with their genmodels). A Types grammer and a Structure grammar which references the Types grammer.

Then I created two XText projects based on these ecore models.

Finally I created a third XText project with a third grammar, which is not in play yet, which which required the two other Xtext plugins (plus for security the EMF project).

I did all the MWE2 code generation and launched an Eclipse Application, created a Java project and started working with instances of my two grammars. All worked nicely.
I then went to change the Structure grammar slightly, relaunched the Eclipse Application. All worked nicely.
Did a third change to the grammar, regenerated code, launched the Eclipse application and now it can't open the editor (initialize it) due to:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unresolved proxy http://dk.example/poc/structurelist/1.0#//Structure. Make sure the EPackage has been registered.
	at org.eclipse.xtext.parser.DefaultEcoreElementFactory.create(DefaultEcoreElementFactory.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.parser.antlr.AbstractInternalAntlrParser.forceCreateModelElement(AbstractInternalAntlrParser.java:651)
	at ch.six.maskenliste.dsl.parser.antlr.internal.InternalMaskenListeDslParser.ruleStructure(InternalMaskenListeDslParser.java:172)
	at ch.six.maskenliste.dsl.parser.antlr.internal.InternalMaskenListeDslParser.entryRuleStructure(InternalMaskenListeDslParser.java:110)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.parser.antlr.AbstractInternalAntlrParser.parse(AbstractInternalAntlrParser.java:527)

I retraced my step, undid my grammar changes, removed my Runtime Eclipse workspace, but I still keep getting this error.

Any idea where to look for a solution. I've tried to look at changes to all other files (local history), but haven't really found the spot where I've accidentally changed something that I've forgotten to revert.

/Jeppe
Re: Editor can't be initalized. Unresolved proxy [message #695839 is a reply to message #695829] Tue, 12 July 2011 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Muelder is currently offline Andreas MuelderFriend
Hi Jeppe,
I don't know this error, but there is an extension point registration in your Xtext project's plugin.xml.
<extension point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.generated_package">

This is the registration of the EPackage. You should check if the values are valid,
or you can simply delete the plugin.xml and regenerate.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Re: Editor can't be initalized. Unresolved proxy [message #695851 is a reply to message #695839] Tue, 12 July 2011 16:41 Go to previous message
Jeppe Cramon is currently offline Jeppe CramonFriend
Thanks a bunch Andreas, for some reason one of the exported packages had vanished from plugin.xml of the EMF project. Manually inserting it helped Smile

/Jeppe
Previous Topic:Xtext project from existing ecore model
Next Topic:NullPointerException in LazyLinker: EPackage is null for EClass from no-namespace XML model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:58:08 GMT 2024