Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » What can be accessed with content Assist(IJavaCompletionProposalComputer, CompletionProposalCollector)
What can be accessed with content Assist [message #695518] Mon, 11 July 2011 22:44 Go to next message
Fabrice Marcelin is currently offline Fabrice MarcelinFriend

Hello,

I apologize if the question might have been asked already or if it appeared trivial for some of you, so bear with me please. I am playing with content assist and I couldn't find where the CompletionProposalCollector got the information. In other words, does it provide only information based on the last compilation? or information from open editors? Any link, information on CompletionProposalCollector, compilation would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Re: What can be accessed with content Assist [message #695586 is a reply to message #695518] Tue, 12 July 2011 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
It doesn't use info from the last compilation. The particular file is parsed again and the appropriate proposals are found.
Re: What can be accessed with content Assist [message #695962 is a reply to message #695586] Tue, 12 July 2011 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabrice Marcelin is currently offline Fabrice MarcelinFriend

@satyam thanks for the reply. So basically you mean that it only use regular expressions?
Re: What can be accessed with content Assist [message #696028 is a reply to message #695962] Wed, 13 July 2011 06:07 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
No, it doesn't use regular expressions.
Previous Topic:no view error after download project from svn
Next Topic:How to reset SVN user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:32:16 GMT 2024