Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Corruption of Startup Javascript(Corruption of Startup Javascript)
Corruption of Startup Javascript [message #695387] Mon, 11 July 2011 16:13
Graham Missing name is currently offline Graham Missing nameFriend
I'm running RAP 1.3.1 standalone with jetty on Windows XP SP3. I've noticed when starting OSGI/Jetty that if someone accesses the application before it has completely initialized then it won't start correctly. It just shows a blank screen with a javascript error. The only way to recover is restart OSGI/Jetty and wait until all the plugins are in the ACTIVE state before using the URL.

What I've noticed is that when the following call is made when first accessing the application (had a proxy running to see what is sent between client and server)
?custom_service_handler=org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.JSLibraryServiceHandler
It returns about 1.2MB. If this is called before all the plugins are active then it returns only half and it corrupted.

Because of our large users count it can sometimes take 6 or 7 attempts to get the environment running because someone keeps accessing the application during the 30-60 seconds it takes to startup.

Any ideas?
Previous Topic:CTabFolder - exception argument cannot be null
Next Topic:Workbench view persistency question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:39:45 GMT 2024