Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to reset SVN user(SVN uses incorrect Windows user)
How to reset SVN user [message #695221] Mon, 11 July 2011 10:01 Go to next message
OlliP  is currently offline OlliP Friend
Hello,

there is the little problem in my eclipse installation that changes committed by me to subversion are not done using my Windows account name. The changes I commit to eclipse use the account name of a developer colleague of my project who once helped me check out the sources needed for the peoject I started working on. A little strange but true.

I would like to fix this, because code checked in should not carry the name of some other guy that really didn't do the changes. Is there a way to reset the SVN user used by the eclipse SVN plugin, e.g. to force the eclipse SVN plugin to re-read the user logged into the system (in my case Windows)?

Thanks, Oliver
Re: How to reset SVN user [message #696019 is a reply to message #695221] Wed, 13 July 2011 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Which SVN plug-ins are you using?

In Subversive it's quite simple: you can specify the user in the
repository properties and in Subclipse things get a bit more
complicated (you best ask them in their own forum).

Michael
Re: How to reset SVN user [message #696048 is a reply to message #696019] Wed, 13 July 2011 07:23 Go to previous message
OlliP  is currently offline OlliP Friend
Hi,

I solved the problem by deleting the files in {User}\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth which clears SVN's credential cache. You then get prompted for your SVN password of the SVN account with the same name as the account of the user logged in and the cache is in sync again.

Regards, Oliver
Previous Topic:What can be accessed with content Assist
Next Topic:Tomcat not using project build path (Indigo)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:31:25 GMT 2024