Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Spring WS
Spring WS [message #693489] Wed, 06 July 2011 14:58 Go to next message
Mark Elliot is currently offline Mark ElliotFriend
I'm trying to deploy a WS endpoint running on Virgo. My code works outside of Virgo, I appear to be suffering some dependency nightmare, so here's the particulars:

* Virgo: 2.1.1.RELEASE
* Spring WS: 2.0.0.RELEASE

Relevant piece of web.xml:
<context-param>
    <param-name>contextClass</param-name>
    <param-value>org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
</context-param>
<listener>
    <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

When I start Virgo I get the following error:
Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <com.foo.bar_1.0.0>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server; version="0.0.0"> constrained to bundle <org.springframework.ws> constrained bundle version range "[2.0.0.RELEASE,2.0.0.RELEASE]"
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <org.springframework.ws_2.0.0.RELEASE>
             constraint: <Import-Package: org.springframework.aop.support; version="[3.0.5,4.0.0)">

Note I tried to repackage Spring WS 2.0.2.RELEASE into an OSGi bundle by including the jar on the buildpath, exporting all the classes in the manifest, and then copying out spring.handlers and spring.schemas into my META-INF folder (so the Spring XML can be parsed). I did this because the SpringSource EBR only has up to 2.0.0.RELEASE. Unfortunately, Virgo/Spring can't seem to find the spring.handlers and spring.schemas files and so the Namespace can't resolve.
Re: Spring WS [message #693504 is a reply to message #693489] Wed, 06 July 2011 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
On the face of it, org.springframework.ws_2.0.0.RELEASE cannot be resolved because the package org.springframework.aop.support;version="[3.0.5,4.0.0) cannot be resolved, but this package is normally available in Virgo.

Os this occurring with or without your home-brewed Spring WS 2.0.2.RELEASE bundle?
Re: Spring WS [message #693576 is a reply to message #693504] Wed, 06 July 2011 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My home-brewed version of 2.0.2 won't let the bundle get past the initial parsing of the Spring context XML file because the "sws" namespace can't be resolved.

It looks like Virgo is shipping with Spring Framework 3.0.0, do I need to swap out the framework?
Re: Spring WS [message #694263 is a reply to message #693576] Fri, 08 July 2011 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Sounds like a good idea. Of course, you only need to upgrade the Spring framework version in the user region (see the FAQ).
Re: Spring WS [message #694590 is a reply to message #694263] Fri, 08 July 2011 22:44 Go to previous message
I upgraded the user region to Spring Framework 3.0.5 per the FAQ and with that, Spring WS 2.0.0.RELEASE will at least complete startup.

Now, however, I'm stuck with an unsatisfiable dependency on CGLIB. Despite heading to Spring ERB and downloading the bundle, and installing it to the user region, and listing it as an import bundle, I continue to get an exception indicating it needs to be on the classpath.
Previous Topic:HTTP Status 404
Next Topic:update the bundle and repository index programmaticly from a bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:59:06 GMT 2024