Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem while generating Birt Reports on Unix Server(Getting IO Exception when reading the file)
Problem while generating Birt Reports on Unix Server [message #693459] Wed, 06 July 2011 14:07 Go to next message
Jochen v. B. is currently offline Jochen v. B.Friend
Hi,

I want to create Birt Reports on a Unix Server by using the Birt Report-Engine.

Iam getting the I/O Exception "org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: An I/O Exception occurred when reading the file./doc1p/reporting/BIRT/WebViewerExample/report/NEC-20110614-PackageKATI.csv"
To see the full I/O Exception, check out the file attachments.

I changed the Flat File Path at the Data Source Options in the Report but it didn't work. (the selected flat file type was not a problem when I generated the reports on my local computer).

Iam not sure if this problems affects the selected folder at the Data Source Options or if it is somewhere else.

The file attachments include a screenshot of the I/O Exception, the Config-File which is used by the Generation-File and a screenshot of my current Data Source Options.

I would be glad about every kind of help.
Thank you

Jochen
Re: Problem while generating Birt Reports on Unix Server [message #696061 is a reply to message #693459] Wed, 13 July 2011 07:47 Go to previous message
Jochen v. B. is currently offline Jochen v. B.Friend
Hi again,
I finally solved the problem.

The Charset in the report is UTF-8 and the source files weren't, but this wasn't causing any problem under windows. We changed the source files to UTF-8 and didn't have the I/O Exception but another Error saying that the reports require a X11 Windows Server. We searched the Error-Message via google and were directed to the Birt FAQ Charts 2.2. There we found a solution for our problem:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charts not rendering on Unix systems

Problem: If your chart or report engine runs on a Unix server, there is a chance that no display server is available, and you will get this error when generating a chart:

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Resolution: You can fix this by running your application in headless AWT graphics mode. To specify this, a "-Djava.awt.headless=true" option should be added to the JVM argument list or other server configuration script. Note the headless option is only available since JDK1.4. More information about headless mode can be found here: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/headless/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Charts2.2

So we "fixed" the genReport.sh and solved the problem.

I hope other people who might have the same problem in the future may find this topic to solve their issue.

Jochen
Previous Topic:Problem in Viewing Reports in Birt Runtime 2.2.2
Next Topic:BIRT Zoom Capability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:51:32 GMT 2024