Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » [Gemini-web] jars in WEB-INF/lib
[Gemini-web] jars in WEB-INF/lib [message #693253] Wed, 06 July 2011 06:22 Go to next message
Baruch Sadogursky is currently offline Baruch SadogurskyFriend
Sorry for the nub question.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand the whole purpose of Gemini-web project is the ability of deploying "classic" J2EE web applications inside OSGI server. The contract of J2EE webapp states that jars from WEB-INF/lib directory should go into the classpath (in isolated classloader). For some reason when I try to start my installed webapp, I get ClassNotFoundException for class present in one of the jars inside WEB-INF/lib. Is it something basic that I miss? Frankly, I have no idea where to start digging. Every help highly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: [Gemini-web] jars in WEB-INF/lib [message #693310 is a reply to message #693253] Wed, 06 July 2011 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Chances are that you have some header in your manifest that implies that this is not a normal WAR file but is a OSGi Web Application Bundle. I have beefed up the release notes so others don't fall into this trap (even if you haven't!). Please read the new section in the release notes.
Re: [Gemini-web] jars in WEB-INF/lib [message #693331 is a reply to message #693310] Wed, 06 July 2011 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baruch Sadogursky is currently offline Baruch SadogurskyFriend
Glyn, thanks a lot for your help. Frankly speaking, I don't have any headers in my manifest. Should I have any? I just took some simple war with simple Servlet and try to run it in Gemini as is (as described in "Trying out Gemini Web" in the wiki)
Re: [Gemini-web] jars in WEB-INF/lib [message #696046 is a reply to message #693331] Wed, 13 July 2011 07:14 Go to previous message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hello,

Can you post here the whole exception

Regards
Violeta
Previous Topic:[PATCH] @Resource annotation via OSGI lookup
Next Topic:Gemini Blueprint 1.0.0.RC1 ships
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:56:11 GMT 2024