Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » OSGi Enterprise Tools » Eclipse plugins cooperation(Is it possible access from one plugin to another as in OSGi service)
Eclipse plugins cooperation [message #691102] Thu, 30 June 2011 17:52 Go to next message
Rushan Gilmullin is currently offline Rushan GilmullinFriend
I used of OSGi for the several years and now take a look on rcp and eclipse extension mechanism. There are many differences between OSGi services and the most importent difference for me - it is imposible register object in extension registry. When we access to extension point we access to metadata with class name (we can instantiate class with this information), but it is impossible to store the object in the registry. In this case I can not understand how to orginize plugin interop with each other. For example I want to get access from plugin A to the functionality of plugin B, if the plugin B register OSGi service we simple obtain service from registry, but with extension points we can not do this. Only one plugin - the host plugin, who first instantiate the plugin B can access to his interfaces.

The second question, - is possible to use the osgi services in rcp application, forexample to use extension points for using rcp functionality and osgi services for my component interop?
Re: Eclipse plugins cooperation [message #691113 is a reply to message #691102] Thu, 30 June 2011 18:19 Go to previous message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Hi, your questions seems to be more in the direction to OSGi Core development and Eclipse Plug-in development. I suggest that you ask them in the Equinox or PDE forums.
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP wont display "Hello World" in console
Next Topic:Bind Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:27:59 GMT 2024