Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Web Start and Bundle-Classpath
Web Start and Bundle-Classpath [message #691069] Thu, 30 June 2011 16:22 Go to next message
Dylan McReynolds is currently offline Dylan McReynoldsFriend
I have an RCP app being delivered using Web Start.

I have a few jars in my application jar, referenced using the Bundle-classpath entry in manifest.

This works fine when launching the application from Eclipse. But when I distribute in Web Start, using the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.WebStartMain class, the application won't load. The error is that my IApplication implementation class is not found. If I take the Bundle-classpath entries out of the manifest, my IApplication implementation is loaded, and I, of course, get classnotfound errors with the classes referenced in jars referenced in my plugin.

Is this a bug?

Search terms Webstart, JWS
Re: Web Start and Bundle-Classpath [message #691109 is a reply to message #691069] Thu, 30 June 2011 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse user Chennai is currently offline Eclipse user ChennaiFriend
It doesn't seems like a bug. Kindly explain the location where you are having the dependent jar files. Also provide the Bundle-classpath value.
Re: Web Start and Bundle-Classpath [message #691568 is a reply to message #691109] Fri, 01 July 2011 18:22 Go to previous message
Dylan McReynolds is currently offline Dylan McReynoldsFriend
I have a bundle, foo, delivered as foo.jar.

Inside foo.jar, I am including three jars, bar.jar, bar1.jar and bar2.jar, all in a directory called lib.

Bundle-ClassPath: lib/bar.jar,
lib/bar1.jar,
lib/bar2.jar

Interestingly, this worked when I was using Eclipse 3.2.2 and its Web Start launcher. I modeled this after the way that org.apache.xerces.2.8.0.x.jar was build. Now, in Helio, org.apache.xerces.2.9.0.jar is distributed differently. Instead of including jars in the jar, the apache classes are directly in the root of the rg.apache.xerces.2.9.0.jar file.
Previous Topic:Editor undo all changes when not saving
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:18:49 GMT 2024