Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Can't run program 'gcc'" && "Binary not found."
"Can't run program 'gcc'" && "Binary not found." [message #690554] Wed, 29 June 2011 17:22 Go to next message
Alex  is currently offline Alex Friend
I just downloaded all of the CDT files for Indigo last night, but I have yet to be able to run a simple Hello World program in C.

I have tried downloading MinGW and so far I have had no luck.

Here are the errors I have gotten so far:

Cannot run program "gcc" (in directory "D:\Workspace\C\test"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD D:/Workspace/C/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c)

I have spent a couple hours last night googling and trying to find tutorials to help me get this to work, but nothing I have tried has helped so far.

At one point I was able to get rid of the build errors, but was still unable to run a program and got the "Binary not found" error. Maybe it is possible I didn't actually fix the problem.

My OS is windows 7 64bit and I am using Indigo
Re: "Can't run program 'gcc'" && "Binary not found." [message #690816 is a reply to message #690554] Thu, 30 June 2011 09:10 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
gcc is not in your path.
for help see
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_before_you_begin.htm
Quote:
The CDT MinGW toolchain will find this install if it is located in the default C:\MinGW directory, the MinGW bin directory is placed in your path, or if the MinGW location is stored in the MINGW_HOME environment variable.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:linker error: can't find _main
Next Topic:Settings of GDB debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:38:29 GMT 2024