Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide(@main annotation is missing )
[Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide [message #689040] Sun, 26 June 2011 16:17 Go to next message
Tim Cook is currently offline Tim CookFriend
Hi All,

I am going through the Quick_Start on the Acceleo wiki (sorry but it won't allow me to post links yet).

When I get to the point of Running the template. Run As -> 1 Launch Acceleo Application

I get the error Selection does not contain a main type (@main annotation is missing in your template)

My template looks like the one in the tutorial AFAICT. Except for the fact I had to remove the http from the URI in this message. It is there in the actual template.

[comment encoding = UTF-8 /]
[module generate('www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML')]

[template public generateElement(c : Class)]

[comment @main /]
[file (c.name,false,'UTF-8')]
Hello, [c.name /] World!
[/file]

[/template]

Any ideas?

--Tim

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2011 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

SOLVED Re: [Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide [message #689044 is a reply to message #689040] Sun, 26 June 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You must first Build the project. That is not automatically performed.
Re: SOLVED Re: [Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide [message #689052 is a reply to message #689044] Sun, 26 June 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

By default, Eclipse builds automatically all projects, you should check if you haven't disabled it in the menu "project" -> "build automatically". Several features of the Acceleo tooling like real time errors detection or refactoring need that some/all Acceleo modules involved are built. If this options is deactivated I'll advise you to active it to turn it on for a better experience.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: SOLVED Re: [Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide [message #689060 is a reply to message #689052] Sun, 26 June 2011 17:12 Go to previous message
Thanks Stephane. It was unchecked.
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide
Next Topic:[Acceleo] errors when starting m2t generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:48:21 GMT 2024