Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] errors when starting m2t generation
[Acceleo] errors when starting m2t generation [message #688350] Fri, 24 June 2011 13:48 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I upgraded to eclipse Indigo. Then I created a small meta model and an Acceleo model2text project.

When I execute an Acceleo launch configuration, I can confirm that the expected text is generated. As I want to execute the code generation from an eclipse runtime I generate an Acceleo UI project.

However, when I start a eclipse runtime configuration, containing all workspace plugins, I am unable to succesfully start the acceleo generation.

After starting the eclipse runtime, I open the model and then, using right-clock generate model to text, I try to start the text generation process. This fails with the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.acceleo.engine 2 0 2011-06-24 15:43:31.256
!MESSAGE The generation fail to generate any file because there are no model elements that matches at least the type of the first parameter of one of your main templates.
The problem may be caused by a problem with the registration of your metamodel, please see the method named "registerPackages" in the Java launcher of your generator.

Any ideas? I don't understand what's going wrong here. Note that I did similar experiments using Helios succesfully.

Greetings,
Wilbert.

Re: [Acceleo] errors when starting m2t generation [message #689056 is a reply to message #688350] Sun, 26 June 2011 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi Wilbert,

Where is located your metamodel? If it is in the same workspace and not deployed as a plugin, I'll recommend switching to XMI based serialization (right click on your project -> acceleo -> serialization options). While binary is better for performances, with metamodels that have not been deployed in a plugin, it is preferable to use XMI serialization.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: [Acceleo] errors when starting m2t generation [message #689201 is a reply to message #689056] Mon, 27 June 2011 07:06 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi Stephane,

Your suggestion worked.

Thanks,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Problem with Quickstart Guide
Next Topic:[JET2] Indigo Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:42:16 GMT 2024