Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring
PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #688145] Fri, 24 June 2011 02:57 Go to next message
Ben K is currently offline Ben KFriend
Hi peoples,

I use eclipse pdt, eclipse helios sr2 (eclipse 3.6.2, pdt 2.2.1, subclipse 1.6.18, svn javahl 1.6.17 )

Syntax highlighting for php files works fin in php perspective, but in svn repository exploring perspective php files are not color coded.

xml files are color coded
diffs of php files from within svn are color coded

but double clicking on a php file to show the repository version just shows as a plain text files.

I can't find any option to change that effects this

*.php is registered under general > content types > text->php content type
*.php has associated editors "php editor", "text editory" under editors > file associations.
both are locked by php content type, php editor is default

Anyone know what options effect the highlighting from SVN?
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #688312 is a reply to message #688145] Fri, 24 June 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
There is no solution for pdt 2.2.1.
Bug 321332 - Eclipse PDT, Unsupported content type when opening PHP file from SVN

pdt 3.0 on Indigo doesn't have this issue itself. (svn repository explorer is not supported still though)
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #688359 is a reply to message #688145] Fri, 24 June 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance E Sloan is currently offline Lance E SloanFriend
Ben K wrote on Thu, 23 June 2011 22:57
I use eclipse pdt, eclipse helios sr2 (eclipse 3.6.2, pdt 2.2.1, subclipse 1.6.18, svn javahl 1.6.17 )

Syntax highlighting for php files works fin in php perspective, but in svn repository exploring perspective php files are not color coded.

Quote:
double clicking on a php file to show the repository version just shows as a plain text files.

I've never tried this feature before, but now that I have, I can see it's very useful. I see the problem with syntax highlighting, too.

I'm using Helios SR2, but with slightly older versions of the Subversion extensions (Subclipse 1.6.17, SVN JavaHL 1.6.15).

I would really like to know how to enable the syntax highlighting, too.

I've noticed that code-folding is enabled. If I hover the pointer over the "+" sign beside a folded PHP function, a panel appears that shows the code with syntax highlighted. If I keep this view of the file from SVN open and switch back to the PHP perspective, the highlighting doesn't change.
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #688363 is a reply to message #688312] Fri, 24 June 2011 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance E Sloan is currently offline Lance E SloanFriend
Too bad there's no "Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers" package for Indigo. According to the Eclipse site:

Quote:
Due to lack of a package maintainer for the Indigo release there will be no PHP (PDT) package. If you would like to install PDT into your Eclipse installtion you can do so by using the Install New Software feature from the Help Menu and installing the PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature from the Eclipse Indigo Repo[...]
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #689381 is a reply to message #688363] Mon, 27 June 2011 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominik is currently offline dominikFriend
On 2011-06-24 16:18, Lance E Sloan wrote:
> Too bad there's no "Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers" package for Indigo.
> According to the Eclipse site:

There is no ready to go package available on site, but sure You can install pdt
manually, someone quoted easy how-to.

/dmc
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #690749 is a reply to message #689381] Thu, 30 June 2011 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks for your replies,
so to sum up its broken in 2.2.1 and 3.0 svn repository exploring is not supported
Re: PHP Syntax highlighting not showing in Svn repository exploring [message #691289 is a reply to message #690749] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:10 Go to previous message
I installed eclipse indigo, pdt 3 , subclipse1.6.18, data tool platforms
svn repository explorer provides syntax highlighting and works as it should
thanks for the replies guys
Previous Topic:Run as PHP Wen Browser lost in forever land
Next Topic:Eclipse won't send breakpoints to xdebug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:44:14 GMT 2024