Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Using the Visual C/C++ Compiler Toolchain
Using the Visual C/C++ Compiler Toolchain [message #688111] Thu, 23 June 2011 23:56 Go to next message
Tim Feierabend is currently offline Tim FeierabendFriend
Hello,

As of the Indigo release for Eclipse CDT, I saw that one of the parts of the CDT is CDT Visual C++ Support. I haven't found a clear page with more information on it or how to setup the Visual C++ compiler to let it be used as a toolchain.
Re: Using the Visual C/C++ Compiler Toolchain [message #688120 is a reply to message #688111] Fri, 24 June 2011 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Yeah, it's been around a while and I just decided to throw it in so people can start using it.

I've only tested it with the Windows SDK. If that's installed the compiler will show up when you create a project. Pretty straightforward from there.
Re: Using the Visual C/C++ Compiler Toolchain [message #778085 is a reply to message #688111] Wed, 11 January 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Kharitonov is currently offline Mark KharitonovFriend
I am using Eclipse Indigo and have successfully compiled a C++ project using the Visual C++ toolchain.

However, how do I debug it? Without the debugger, it is pretty useless.

Thanks.
Re: Using the Visual C/C++ Compiler Toolchain [message #778636 is a reply to message #778085] Fri, 13 January 2012 15:34 Go to previous message
Alexander Yukhnenko is currently offline Alexander YukhnenkoFriend
Mark Kharitonov wrote on Wed, 11 January 2012 06:48
I am using Eclipse Indigo and have successfully compiled a C++ project using the Visual C++ toolchain.

However, how do I debug it? Without the debugger, it is pretty useless.

Thanks.

Agree. Debugging stuff is essential.

My question is about x64 compilers from Windows SDK. How can I build x86_64 application with CDT?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 January 2012 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:stringstream data type causing memory violations
Next Topic:Unable to create C project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:23:46 GMT 2024