Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » (no subject)
(no subject) [message #687859] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:04 Go to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
I have sometimes transactions which commit some more data which takes more than 10 seconds. I get hit by a time out
exception. How can I set this time out to larger value?

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
(no subject) [message #687860 is a reply to message #687859] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
And here is the stacktrace I get (to get clear which timeout it is):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.CommitException: org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException:
org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException: org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException:
Timeout after 10001 millis
at com.netxforge.netxstudio.data.cdo.CDODataProvider.commitTransaction(CDODataProvider.java:335)
at com.netxforge.netxstudio.server.test.actions.CreateTestData.testCreateTestData(CreateTestData.java:119)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:243)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:238)
at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:23)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:587)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:198)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.CommitException: org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException:
org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException: org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException:
Timeout after 10001 millis
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1072)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1078)
at com.netxforge.netxstudio.data.cdo.CDODataProvider.commitTransaction(CDODataProvider.java:332)
... 39 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException: org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after 10001 millis
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.getRemoteException(RequestWithConfirmation.java:139)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.setRemoteException(RequestWithConfirmation.java:128)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.handleRemoteException(SignalProtocol.java:423)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteExceptionIndication.indicating(RemoteExceptionIndication.java:63)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Indication.doExtendedInput(Indication.java:55)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doInput(Signal.java:326)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Indication.execute(Indication.java:49)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:251)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:147)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after 10001 millis
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.Monitor.checkCanceled(Monitor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor.checkCanceled(TimeoutMonitor.java:116)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.NestedMonitor.checkCanceled(NestedMonitor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.NestedMonitor.checkCanceled(NestedMonitor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.hasBegun(AbstractMonitor.java:36)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.checkBegun(AbstractMonitor.java:141)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.fork(AbstractMonitor.java:65)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.ProgressDistributor.run(ProgressDistributor.java:86)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionIndication.indicatingCommit(CommitTransactionIndication.java:244)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionIndication.indicating(CommitTransactionIndication.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.indicating(CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.java:109)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.indicating(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:84)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedInput(IndicationWithResponse.java:90)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doInput(Signal.java:326)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:63)
at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.execute(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:63)
... 5 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after 10001 millis
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor.handleTimeout(TimeoutMonitor.java:121)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor$1.handleTimeout(TimeoutMonitor.java:61)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.Timeouter$1.run(Timeouter.java:87)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:534)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:484)



On 06/23/2011 02:04 PM, Martin Taal wrote:
> Hi,
> I have sometimes transactions which commit some more data which takes more than 10 seconds. I get hit by a time out
> exception. How can I set this time out to larger value?
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
(no subject) [message #687861 is a reply to message #687860] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronald Krijgsheld is currently offline Ronald KrijgsheldFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: November 2010
Member
This look like a client side timeout. Then setSignalTimeout() on the cdo
configuration should do the trick.

- Ronald



On 23-6-2011 14:07, Martin Taal wrote:
> And here is the stacktrace I get (to get clear which timeout it is):
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.CommitException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after
> 10001 millis
> at
> com.netxforge.netxstudio.data.cdo.CDODataProvider.commitTransaction(CDODataProvider.java:335)
>
> at
> com.netxforge.netxstudio.server.test.actions.CreateTestData.testCreateTestData(CreateTestData.java:119)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
> at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:243)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:238)
> at
> org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:62)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:23)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:587)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:198)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.CommitException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after
> 10001 millis
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1072)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1078)
>
> at
> com.netxforge.netxstudio.data.cdo.CDODataProvider.commitTransaction(CDODataProvider.java:332)
>
> ... 39 more
> Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after
> 10001 millis
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.getRemoteException(RequestWithConfirmation.java:139)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.setRemoteException(RequestWithConfirmation.java:128)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.handleRemoteException(SignalProtocol.java:423)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RemoteExceptionIndication.indicating(RemoteExceptionIndication.java:63)
>
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Indication.doExtendedInput(Indication.java:55)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doInput(Signal.java:326)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Indication.execute(Indication.java:49)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:251)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:147)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.MonitorCanceledException:
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException: Timeout after
> 10001 millis
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.Monitor.checkCanceled(Monitor.java:56)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor.checkCanceled(TimeoutMonitor.java:116)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.NestedMonitor.checkCanceled(NestedMonitor.java:55)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.NestedMonitor.checkCanceled(NestedMonitor.java:55)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.hasBegun(AbstractMonitor.java:36)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.checkBegun(AbstractMonitor.java:141)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.AbstractMonitor.fork(AbstractMonitor.java:65)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.ProgressDistributor.run(ProgressDistributor.java:86)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionIndication.indicatingCommit(CommitTransactionIndication.java:244)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionIndication.indicating(CommitTransactionIndication.java:92)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.indicating(CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.java:109)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.indicating(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:84)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedInput(IndicationWithResponse.java:90)
>
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doInput(Signal.java:326)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:63)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.execute(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:63)
>
> ... 5 more
> Caused by: org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException:
> Timeout after 10001 millis
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor.handleTimeout(TimeoutMonitor.java:121)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.monitor.TimeoutMonitor$1.handleTimeout(TimeoutMonitor.java:61)
>
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.Timeouter$1.run(Timeouter.java:87)
> at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:534)
> at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:484)
>
>
>
> On 06/23/2011 02:04 PM, Martin Taal wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have sometimes transactions which commit some more data which takes
>> more than 10 seconds. I get hit by a time out
>> exception. How can I set this time out to larger value?
>>
>
>
(no subject) [message #687863 is a reply to message #687861] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronald Krijgsheld is currently offline Ronald KrijgsheldFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: November 2010
Member
After looking at the stacktrace I am not so sure anymore.

look at the thread:
[CDO] TimeoutException on server , what could cause this?

I implemented an CDO server extension that sets the timeout, before Eike
suggested how to do this. I did not have time to try it that way.

- Ronald
(no subject) [message #687912 is a reply to message #687863] Thu, 23 June 2011 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hmm, that timeout setting did not influence the behavior. Need to check further.

gr. Martin

On 06/23/2011 02:17 PM, Ronald Krijgsheld wrote:
>
> After looking at the stacktrace I am not so sure anymore.
>
> look at the thread:
> [CDO] TimeoutException on server , what could cause this?
>
> I implemented an CDO server extension that sets the timeout, before Eike suggested how to do this. I did not have time
> to try it that way.
>
> - Ronald
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
(no subject) [message #687925 is a reply to message #687912] Thu, 23 June 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronald Krijgsheld is currently offline Ronald KrijgsheldFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: November 2010
Member
Yes, then I expect that it the timeout on the server. On the server the
same timeout on the SignalProtocol exists. However it is not yet
configurable. I worked around it by writing an IAppExtension. With the
following implementation below.

I saw in previous mails on the newsgroup that you already have server
side code. So if you have a way to get the session on the server you can
just get the protocol and set the timeout there.

It reminds me that I promised Eike to create an bugzilla for this.

- Ronald



public class TestAppExtension implements IAppExtension {

@Override
public void start(File configFile) throws Exception {
IRepository repository =
CDOServerUtil.getRepository(IPluginContainer.INSTANCE, "test");
repository.getSessionManager().addListener(new IListener() {

@Override
public void notifyEvent(IEvent event) {
if (event instanceof SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?>) {
SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?> e =
(SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?>) event;
if (e.getSource() instanceof InternalSessionManager
&& e.getDeltaKind() == IContainerDelta.Kind.ADDED) {
InternalSession s = (InternalSession)
e.getDelta().getElement();
((SignalProtocol<?>)
s.getProtocol()).setTimeout(60 * 1000L);
}
}
}
});
}

@Override
public void stop() throws Exception {
}
}


On 23-6-2011 15:59, Martin Taal wrote:
> Hmm, that timeout setting did not influence the behavior. Need to check
> further.
>
> gr. Martin
>
> On 06/23/2011 02:17 PM, Ronald Krijgsheld wrote:
>>
>> After looking at the stacktrace I am not so sure anymore.
>>
>> look at the thread:
>> [CDO] TimeoutException on server , what could cause this?
>>
>> I implemented an CDO server extension that sets the timeout, before
>> Eike suggested how to do this. I did not have time
>> to try it that way.
>>
>> - Ronald
>>
>
>
(no subject) [message #687935 is a reply to message #687925] Thu, 23 June 2011 14:22 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks Ronald, I see that you also entered a bugzilla for it.

gr. Martin

On 06/23/2011 04:15 PM, Ronald Krijgsheld wrote:
>
>
> Yes, then I expect that it the timeout on the server. On the server the same timeout on the SignalProtocol exists.
> However it is not yet configurable. I worked around it by writing an IAppExtension. With the following implementation
> below.
>
> I saw in previous mails on the newsgroup that you already have server side code. So if you have a way to get the session
> on the server you can just get the protocol and set the timeout there.
>
> It reminds me that I promised Eike to create an bugzilla for this.
>
> - Ronald
>
>
>
> public class TestAppExtension implements IAppExtension {
>
> @Override
> public void start(File configFile) throws Exception {
> IRepository repository = CDOServerUtil.getRepository(IPluginContainer.INSTANCE, "test");
> repository.getSessionManager().addListener(new IListener() {
>
> @Override
> public void notifyEvent(IEvent event) {
> if (event instanceof SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?>) {
> SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?> e = (SingleDeltaContainerEvent<?>) event;
> if (e.getSource() instanceof InternalSessionManager && e.getDeltaKind() == IContainerDelta.Kind.ADDED) {
> InternalSession s = (InternalSession) e.getDelta().getElement();
> ((SignalProtocol<?>) s.getProtocol()).setTimeout(60 * 1000L);
> }
> }
> }
> });
> }
>
> @Override
> public void stop() throws Exception {
> }
> }
>
>
> On 23-6-2011 15:59, Martin Taal wrote:
>> Hmm, that timeout setting did not influence the behavior. Need to check
>> further.
>>
>> gr. Martin
>>
>> On 06/23/2011 02:17 PM, Ronald Krijgsheld wrote:
>>>
>>> After looking at the stacktrace I am not so sure anymore.
>>>
>>> look at the thread:
>>> [CDO] TimeoutException on server , what could cause this?
>>>
>>> I implemented an CDO server extension that sets the timeout, before
>>> Eike suggested how to do this. I did not have time
>>> to try it that way.
>>>
>>> - Ronald
>>>
>>
>>
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:[CDO] Problems with unset EChar and PostgreSql backend
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 15 09:41:29 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02639 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top